Falconium.... (Warhawk Builds?)

Thread in 'Warhawk' started by Remarius, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

I'd pretend its a callout thread but just being lazy as I need some Warhawk help so created a thread thats no use at all to anyone except me.... ;)

What are you planning for the Warhawk-C as not a single fit on the forums at all?

PS: Such slackers here! :p

Falconium likes this.
  2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

This is the Stock Loadout. It's not great...But if I were to upgrade it...

or

Either way, it's a bit weak...

3. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

"I can has thread named after me?" ^_^ :smug: :cigar:

:p :rolleyes: :hilarious:

Anyway, here's a few ideas I've been looking at for the -C variant.

This first one is not much of a change from my typical Warhawk build; it simply loses a Missile hardpoint in favor of an Energy one, which makes it hotter, but more damage-efficient at longer ranges.

This one is great for sniping . . . sort of a smaller but faster Ghost-Walker (Direwolf). :)

And then of course there's this guy (warning: troll build). "Because before, he never had an Energy backup." :p

4. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

@Falconium Whelp.... that 6 cERLL build is so hot without any xp its painful. Its basically a 4N without quirks.

So used to the cLPL duration now that I'm also missing a lot of damage and all the kills as have to pull back on heat.

Just went to @Vergere the 3 LPL and 2 MPL and instantly 3 kills and lots of xp.... phew. Will try the 6 ERLL later on again once its doubled.

The Verge likes this.
  5. enileph

enileph Star Lord

How about this?

6. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Interesting choice - why not put all 3 ERLL in one location (LA)? That way you have your LR weaponry on one side and the SR on the other so can hug cover. Might also be worth reducing the TC to a level 1, moving it to the CT as having ammo there is a vulnerability in a clan mech, then moving the ammo into the right torso with an extra ton.

7. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

your going to make me blush with that kind of compliment Remarius ^_^

8. Falconium

@Remarius --- I never said I tried that build! It's just something I theory-crafted! :p :rolleyes:

I don't own the -C variant of the Warhawk yet myself, so I haven't been able to try any build on it at all. Still waiting until April . . .

9. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Wait ... you don't have all the Warhawks.... are you well?!?!?!?!? :eek:

Falconium likes this.
  10. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

The 6 ERLL mini-ghost walker definitely would need a macro to make it useful, since clan ERLLs still have ghost heat at 3 AFAIK. Could be useable though, using the same type of DWF macro that I still have saved ;)

Remarius likes this.
  11. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

Don't own the mech, but this is based on my WHK experice :

Because it can alpha with no heat penalty and you can shield with the long range side while closing and then still be fearsome when you are left with the brawl side.

I kind of dislike the arm SRM so I tend to skip it, and the armor quirk on the left arm never hurts since you are going to shield with it.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    Remarius and Falconium like this.
  12. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Wow ok that explains my problems..............

I so rarely play clan that I never realised it was just IS LL/ERLL that had changed....... :meh:

Falconium likes this.
  13. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

I accept tips in large denominations, and cookies...

Remarius and Falconium like this.
  14. Falconium

LOL

Yeah, the whole "3 (ER)LLs not causing Ghost Heat ONLY for IS weapons" tends to be something I half-forget as well. I sit there and think, "Hm, I could run 3 LPL and 3 MPL on this Warhawk . . ." But then I remember that firing 3 cLPL at the same time will trigger quite a bit of Ghost Heat, so I hold off from designing a build like that. :bored:

A couple of other builds I've been thinking might work well on this variant:

15. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

This build turned out to work nicely. Benefits hugely from doubling and only struggles on TT. I'm regularly getting 3 kills on a win and 1-3 on a loss. Interested to see how it turns out once I can add a extra module. Been using the LPL/LB10-X cooldown with radar dep so far. Also looking forward to the quirks on the 7th. ;)

As an example... doesn't look impressive right? But what if I told you it killed a timberwolf and then two direwolves....

[​IMG]

Falconium likes this.
  16. Caragult

Caragult New Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast