Falconium's Flights of Fancy

Thread in 'User Submitted Videos' started by Falconium, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

Well, I uploaded my 30th video today, so I decided it's time I finally started a video thread here. ;)

Here is where you can watch me pilot big, stompy 'Mechs, as well as blow other 'Mechs up! I have to warn you, however --- you may laugh, you may cry, and you may even have fun . . . just saying. :thumbsup:

So please, feel free to check out my Youtube channel, found through the link provided below:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzp24_xxF2tKKWHNeMedIxA

I will also (try to :p) regularly update this thread with more videos as I upload them. Hope you all enjoy!

epikt and Solahma like this.
  2. Falconium

This was a fairly exciting Solo match I played about a year ago. 900+ damage, though it was at a time I used Strikes (and could carry 2 at a time). Even so, I was very satisfied with my performance; I even tried to lead my team to charge a few times, but sadly, they played REALLY conservative. In the end we lost, even though it felt like a win for me on a personal level. ;)

Solahma likes this.
  3. Falconium

This one. It was a Solo match from over a year ago now, and at the time, it just felt like such a "Who's-Who" of MechWarriorOnline. So many names from so many top units . . . and it was at the peak of the AC5-PPC Pop-tarting glory. Even so, my 5x LLaser Stalker whooped them all, with top damage, top kills, top score . . . yep, it was a pretty awesome match. :p

4. Falconium

Not much to say really, the damage says it all! This match occurred shortly after I had bought and elited my Banshees. They quickly became my favorite assault, what with all the ballistic power on them . . . and though I no longer run my BNC-3E with this particular dakka build, it sure kicked metal 'Mech butt back in the day! :D

5. Falconium

This used to be my favorite 'Mech. Fast-firing LRM35 and a pair of LLasers, with a TAG, 17 DHS, and lots of ammo. This match was one of the best I ever had in it, even though it was a loss --- it was actually my first match over 1400 damage. :thumbsup:

6. Falconium

"Before there were Crabs, and before there were Banshees, the Jagger was the ultimate powerhouse of Ballistic weapons."
    This match was one of many 1000+ matches in Blagg's Double Three-some build, which for the longest time was, and in fact still is, my favorite Jagger build. AC5s and MGs = DPS for the win! :stig:

schnaetz likes this.
  7. Falconium

Here are a couple more matches I recorded in my old favorite: Stalker-5M with LRM35 and 2x LLasers. Before the LRM5 heat penalties became linked with the rest, this thing was a nasty little beast with its fast-firing LRM alpha --- now, you have to chain-fire the Missiles to avoid massive ghost heat, which is still alright, it just lets AMS eat a larger chunk out of your shots. But yeah, back in the day, I used to love this beautiful beast. :blackalien:

8. Falconium

That Kit-Fox . . . that random shot in the air . . . I mean, I was trying for it, but I only half-expected those AC5s to hit their mark! Guess I got lucky . . . ;)

9. Falconium

The Dragon Slayer was THE 'Mech for the longest time, as I'm sure many of us remember. JJs, PPCs, AC5s . . . they were everywhere, and they dominated everything else. PGI eventually gave them (and JJs) enough negative quirks that people stopped running them almost entirely --- now it's rare to see one at all, and when you do, it's usually carrying a brawley build.

Still, back in the day, the Pop-tarting Meta was pervasively powerful. I recorded this video at the height of the Dragon Slayer's glory . . . I still look back it every now and then, and remember those good old times. :cool:

10. Falconium

SRMs on Alpine --- 1000+ damage. Nothing more to say. :p :rofl:

epikt likes this.
  11. MightyBolamite

MightyBolamite Junior Member

I initially clicked on this for the alliteration.
    I am not sorry. Greatly enjoy your vids, Falc; keep it up.

Falconium likes this.
  12. Falconium

"You got it!" :)

I like Banshees. They'll most likely always be my favorite IS Assault --- what with the crazy amount of armor they can carry; the beautiful firepower they can load; as well as the great shield arms they have, which make for excellent tank-a-bility (yes, I just made that term up :D). And they look totally awesome too, so . . . ;)

Anyway, here are two videos of me piloting my Banshee-3S, using my typical high-alpha build. Good fun stuff. :thumbsup:

Solahma likes this.
  13. Falconium

You know that BJ-Arrow? with six Machine Guns? and some Lasers to go with the MGs?
    You know how MGs are an extremely close-range weapon? and you shouldn't really be able to do anything worth while with them on large maps, like Alpine?
    Yeah, I thought so too. But then this happened! :rolleyes: :rofl: :cool:

14. Falconium

"Dead Jenner Flips in Flight"

"Double Kill!" (literally)

Here are a couple clips I took from random matches, where something stood out to me as quite strange.

In the first clip, you see the last Jenner on the enemy team die . . . and he performed a somersault in mid-air to celebrate! :p

In the second clip, you see me kill a Hunchback . . . as well as a Jenner who ran behind him, and died from the same volley of my Lasers! :wideyed: :hilarious:

epikt likes this.
  15. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

I was really hoping to hear audio of you cheering. I left disappointed ;)

Falconium likes this.
  16. Falconium

This video records one of several matches where a lance of UMAD fairly well carried the rest of our team to victory (hence the title). However, I recorded this video in particular because of my individual performance during this match. It turned out to be a record-breaking score for me at the time, and it is still my highest ever damage in an IS 'Mech @ 1493. Needless to say I was pumped. ;) :thumbsup: :p

17. Falconium

Have you ever experienced that feeling of being the last-man, standing alone but victorious at the end of a match, surrounded by the broken and shattered remains of your vanquished enemies? This match was one such occasion for me, in my SRM-Shadowhawk . . . and it had my heart racing by the end! :rolleyes: :D

18. Falconium

This is a video that I recorded to demonstrate the brutal efficiency of the 5xLLaser Stalker-5M. It was a Solo drop, purely for fun, but I still managed to rank top damage with 6 kills. LLaser Stalker is beast. :thumbsup: :)

19. Falconium

Jaggers are really great 'Mechs. They can do such a variety of ballistic setups, especially high-DPS ones like AC5 and/or AC2 builds. However, though I do appreciate the tearing power of such DPS boats, I also like to have a bit of fun with high-alpha setups. This one, on my Jagger-A, has always been a particular favorite of mine (and will be even more so with the upcoming Quirk adjustment on February-17th). With a single AC20 and a pair of Artemis-SRM6s, along with 2 MLasers for backup, this JM6-A setup has wrecked metal-face for me time and time again. Though it has been given another title here on Mechspecs, I personally like to call it the "Cocktail Cannon".

This match was a particular example of how such alpha builds can be extremely effective . . . like when you're staring down the barrels of a Direwolfs multiple UAC5s, and you don't want to have to expose yourself any longer than necessary to get a shot off. ;) :cigar:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  20. Falconium

The title really says it all. This match was simply one of those where I was able to fire nearly constantly with my Direwolf's UAC5s. It got a bit hot at times, but in the end, hard-hitting DPS won the day . . . even though I died right near the end. But I was out of ammo anyway! :p :D :spiderman:

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast