Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by Aylek, May 12, 2015.

1. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Not that easy because when a tank is visible to you you have to be able to see it so it has to display its position. ;)

2. epikt

epikt Benefactor

I don't understand.
    (if it has to be visible to you then the server send the info to the client ; if not, then the server doesn't)

3. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Well, it is not hard to "know" where some enemies are really.
    We are NOT ROLEPLAYERS here, we are playing on maps that is not changed from game to gam. You sort of guess where enemies tend to be, and where they can camp and ambush.

It does nto work everytime, but it does pay off looking at a certain corner before poking your head out, etc.

It is like back in old counterstrike days in some maps you know to shoot through certain walls without even wallhack, cause you know where the other side leads to.

That is by no mans chating, map memorizing is a skill. AKA stop bitching if someone jump off the rainbow road.

Azakael likes this.
  4. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

I would state that Moderate did whatever she did without SJR knowledge or permission (which of course would not have been given). She was only ever a prospect level member of SJR, her application was suffering delays because of her personality. In hindsight, perhaps we should have cottoned on to certain things. It would seem we dodged a bullet.

The league related implications are minimal as far as I know, the RHoD drops she participated in have been set to 0-0 draws with the option to be replayed, but playoff seedings are unaffected.

Solahma and Soy like this.
  5. SirHitman

SirHitman Well-Known Member

Started looking at the battles and there is allot of small odd movement and looking but that could just be dumb luck or skills. Then we got some very skill/luck things like in the battle vs Proton. Where proton goes to the tunnel to flank, she magically starts walking to Theta and when she gets there zooms towards the tunnel exit where a few seconds later Proton shows up.
    Code:
    http://www.twitch.tv/ardai9/v/4618901?t=2h16m00s
    System where only information needed by the client would bring issues like World of tanks has with its spotting system, where you dont see things that should be there. And yes most likely higher latency, more glitches and higher strain on the server as it needs to calculate if you actually see the person or not.

And for who else was involved we cant really be sure but I expect PGI to take a extra look at the people associated with her. We can just hope PGI got netcode information logged so they can replay every single move people make in battles so they can take a 2nd look at it. Because the more careful cheater will likely withdraw atleast for a moment until things settled down.
    As far as TheB33f YouTube, its a entertainment channel so I dont think its to odd that he edits out parts of the "boring" comp games, its done in all the clips he uploaded.

EDIT. watched the one against Heimdelight 1H16m there is more odd things like she magical knows he is closing in on the cap.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  6. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

not even a few seconds. zoomed in and peeks the exact moment he exits the tunnel. Looks directly at where he is in the tunnel while moving thought. etc.

You don't have to look for fault anywhere though, the player is banned for cheating. It's done. No ifs, maybes, or possibles. Cheated and Banned - Cheater

7. SirHitman

SirHitman Well-Known Member

Yea but as people pointed out and i agree i dont think PGI has any real anti cheat system in place they likely just go by complaints and stats.

8. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

If that was the case, i'm sure there would have already been many more bans by this method. It's not like this is the first time it's been brought up. Hackusations on a large-scale I mean with groups reporting a specific player(s). Haven't seen anyone else get banned from it though. Just a thought...

epikt likes this.
  9. Soy

Soy Min-Max Maniac

motherfuckers speculate but really have zero clue

i'm not saying shit

information is ammunition

and those bullets are for pgi's guns

nuff said

Azakael likes this.
  10. Madgoose

Madgoose Well-Known Member

"video not avaiable"......

11. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Master of the utterly pointless post...

12. Soy

Soy Min-Max Maniac

exactly, punchin right thru other useless posts

we dunno shit

that's for the best

give pgi the benefit of the doubt, otherwise admit your cynical nature to yourself at least

fear my staggered phrasing

odd how an auto-generated vid by youtube itself is unplayable :rofl:

here's another version i bet you get same result

Azakael likes this.
  13. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

that was weak

14. Soy

Soy Min-Max Maniac

its the truth, the narrative is great to have in our hands but if all we do is squander it with pitch fork witch hunts, it's not really constructive.

making assumptions about what they can or can't do is just hot air. it's not constructive, it's just gossip. which is fine, but be honest about what that shit is. nobody is gonna turn the pitchforks on anyone for rubberneckin at all this fallout dramallama shit, but be pragmatic and honest about it... too much fake troll shit floatin around currently...

leagues responding to this in various manners with critical analysis given to various things is constructive.

players stepping forward to present various footage through efficient channels and mediums is constructive.

sayin "i hope they ban this guy" or "that guy played with that guy he's prolly a cheater too" is not constructive.

if motherfuckers don't see the diff between those and at least acknowledge it to themselves, then they're dumb as shit. what we know is what PGI tells us and what we see for ourselves, not what lynch mobs say.

here's a diff way i put it earlier -
    <17:42:49> "Soy": did a lil exercise in playing devil's advocate
    <17:43:06> "Soy": about pitch forking lynch mob mentality
    <17:43:14> "Soy": vast majority of people, at the end of the day
    <17:43:22> "Soy": are lookin for somethin to be offended by
    <17:43:35> "Soy": it doesn't matter what, it doesn't matter who
    <17:43:44> "Soy": gives them vindictive release
    <17:44:08> "Soy": which is socially justified, at least, in the moment
    <17:44:15> "Soy": all the hate
    <17:44:19> "Soy": none of the guilt. less filling
    <17:44:22> "Soy": Miller Lite
    <17:46:11> "Soy": man i fucked that up
    <17:46:15> "Soy": Great taste, less filling
    <17:46:22> "Soy": Miller Lite. gg
    <17:46:45> "Soy":

Last edited: May 13, 2015
    Azakael and Solahma like this.
  15. B0ilz

B0ilz Well-Known Member

I wish... Been I while since I done any of that, let alone Battletech...

16. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

17. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Amusingly I am but not in MWO as it takes two to tango.... not sure most player that post in local in MWO are actually even literate.

Azakael likes this.
  18. HadleyHope

HadleyHope Star Lord

For those that don't read reddit

I'd like to provide some additional clarification to help address some of the questions, concerns, and claims raised in this thread.

Beyond the information provided in the original post, we will not be providing any specifics regarding our protocols for investigating or confirming the use of cheat tools.

Players who have been banned for cheating are always contacted at the time of their ban and informed of the specific reasons. We do not outline our methods to those banned users, for the same reasons that we do not outline them publicly.

I understand this may seem like a lack of transparency in the eyes of some players, but I don't think it takes any kind of stretch to understand why this is the current policy. The cat-and-mouse nature of this kind of thing, coupled with the relative size of our team (just over 50), necessitates that we keep our methods close to the chest. Most of you seem to agree with that stance, and if you don't entirely agree with it, I hope you can at least understand where we're coming from.

On a more personal note, I realize that for some players a number of the more controversial incidences of moderation under the previous Support services may have affected their perspective on how the current Support services at PGI might continue to operate our support and moderation services going forward. I wouldn't necessarily blame you for holding that concern, nor would I really hold it against you.

As the Customer Support Lead for PGI, be assured that any past mistakes or controversial decisions made by the previous Support systems are clear as day to me. Myself and the other members of the Support staff are constantly mindful of how we can improve, and how we can better refine our approach to more complex problems such as these.

It seems that by now this thread has long-since served its purpose of providing a momentary opportunity here on the official forums to discuss and vent about some of the recent events. I will be closing this thread after this post.

As outlined in the original post, please refrain from continuing to discuss these tools through any of the Piranha games and MechWarrior Online services, such as in-game chat or the forums.

19. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Hahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhqhah

Riiiiiight!

20. Soy

Soy Min-Max Maniac

it is right, mike.

read the phrasing well, you dingus.

ie, IGP ran QA and CS up until a few months ago.

obviously that's being thrown under the bus... but it's legit.

as in, guess what bro, people who weren't working there several months ago can't exactly solve the problem in 1 patch cycle, of people who WERE working there and WEREN'T doing a god damn fucking thing about this problem.

besides, you can't force a fish to bite bait. takes time.

woops, maybe i said too much.

again, ppl dunno a fucking thing, give the company the benefit of the doubt, otherwise just admit how pessimistic about the whole thing you are. that statement is for anyone.

who goes walking into... say.... a new star wars they paid for at the cinema and say "this is gonna suck i fucking hate george lucas why am i goin to see this movie" self fulfilling prophecy, all you're gonna think walkin out is 'jar jar binx is a faggot, this sucked ass' instead of goin in and sayin, "man i like Icees and Juji-Fruits, maybe this'll be fun."

who the fuck are all these people who wanna subvert their own fun? give it the benefit of the doubt. man, and i thought i was cynical by nature... this whole fallout has told me i'm not. i had my worldview of MWO shattered before a lot of you by these issues, and you don't see me off in the sunset crying about it or holding a pitchfork. bunch of pussies and ragers in this community. speaks volumes about their condition in the game experience, and their attitudes in general at this point. you don't like the movie, walk out, but don't throw your Jujifruits at the screen, some of us are still enjoying the entertainment. lil bitches.

ps - am i a bit pessimistic? yes. of course. why you think i forced PGI's hand. put up or shut up.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
    epikt, Azakael and Flokoloko like this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast