[Feedback] Calling All Founders

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by Durandal, May 7, 2015.

1. enileph

enileph Star Lord

I wish I can vote, then I can vote for Alpine peaks... I know it is a newer map, but they really need to revisit the paths.

And no I am not a founder, I join just after they close that program! :arghh:

But yes I remember alpine behing the new map once.

2. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Hopped into a few games with my Huginn before work...what the shit is wrong with people? I have rarely seen such a series of bad games...only played 6 or 7 matches, but every single one of them was a stomp. Like, 12-1 or 12-2 at best, and every time at least half the team has been under 100 every time. Every game, I've gotten a Huginn kill, then looked up and we were down 6-7 mechs. o_O

This weekend seems to have made people retarded.

3. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

Like every event does,... I know playing PUG in late night EU is always harder than our mornings/middays,... But the level of incompetence I have witnessed borders the unbelievable again,...

I will see again today.

4. epikt

epikt Benefactor

But for most players there is no event (except scoring a 30 match score, but that does not require to change your play style... does it?) so it should not have a significant impact on the games.

5. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

Agreed, but still it is noticable,... or maybe just because I'm no longer used to PUGging,...

6. epikt

epikt Benefactor

From my experience those last months, solo queue quality is very random.
    I mostly play in group, that only gives me a fragmentary perspective on it, but sometimes I just want to quick-drop. Last weekend I had a mostly bad experience, so bad I actually whined in the brokeback PUG thread :oops: I remember I had to initiate the movements in my cherry CT cored Urbanmech, while my team was afraid to charge at 8 vs 4 - that level of uber-conservative attitude mixed with poor situation awareness, all morning.
    But few hours later I gave it another try and the level was much better, and games pretty enjoyable. Same thing yesterday, event was on for an hour, and teams were good enough.

PS: but I confess I mostly play solo in conquest mode, which reduce the incentive for the team to camp while giving me the wildest liberty as a light mech.

7. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

I still play solo 90% of the time (mainly since most of the people I know are asleep when I'm playing), so I'm used to a certain amount of stupidity...but it has definitely taken a turn for the worse this weekend. Actually, since Tukayyid, it's been really, really bad out there for some reason. At first I thought it was because everyone was still in their long range builds, but no...it's something else...

8. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

The problem is as usual synergy, some people know what to do and still want to drop fast so they solo, so half team plays aggressive and half scared, and it's actually a 6vs12 2 times, if the other team is all scared or all aggressive.

You can notice this in assaults especially, when I play lights the games are more or less the same.

Example, I had a game where epikt called a C3 push in frozen city, I was in a MISERY so I kept going just to find after my death that only the other assaults didn't cross while the rest of the team, faster, did, so I was focused in no time since I was the only fat ass with no company.

In other games it's clear that 1 point is camped but they still rush into it, so even if you start well you are soon 3 assaults down, that of course say it's team fault, while if you take the right way :

[​IMG]

Usual PUG life :)

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  9. epikt

epikt Benefactor

LOL, I always call for a C3 push on this map. At least in conquest or assault, in skirmish I usually call for a B4 push.
    I suppose I'm too predictable :oops:

10. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

By the way, the 30 matchscore, 15 points for 2m is really nice, so it's 20 for the hula.

Time might have come to buy 3x more radar deprivations and 3x more seismics with all the free money they are giving out, but I'm always hoping for a sale, I wouldn't like to spend 36 millions just for modules for CW, I could buy a lot of lights/meds instead.

11. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Used Excel recently for checking all my modules. Spent about 220 million CBills on Modules alone until now.

12. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Remember to exclude free ones?

I rarely use them even though I know they are good.

Wonder how much you have spent on consumables.

13. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

I'm starting to remember why I stopped doing these,... Spent most of my time in the 20 ranks. Wake up at 52.
    Question,... will I try to get back up or go and celebrate mothersday?

Answer is easy ;)

14. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Bit pointless to exclude them - I just say mine have a value of 569,000,000 C-Bills. ;)

Actually thinking about it we had some gift ones recently from memory so even that isn't accurate anymore.

15. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

I highly regret not having spent all the cbills I had (and I had a lot) on the weapon module sale, it was the best sale ever :confused:

Remarius likes this.
  16. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Sadly I spent almost 200m in that sale. :confused:

Worth it though.

17. enileph

enileph Star Lord

They would do it again.

18. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Right that was a quick 20 battles and finished all the elites for the last 6 clan c-bill mechs so felt ok. Gave up on the group queue as it was full of large teams. Being one group volleyed in a mech you're leveling up wasn't fun.

19. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Anyone tried the new mechlab yet? Any screenshot??

20. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Video by he-who-must-not-be-named:

Remarius likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast