[Feedback] Looking for Group challenge

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by Lan, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

Went with the island, the water moves, worth it :rofl:

Remarius likes this.
  2. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

I went for it on that basis tbh as I'm ok MC wise but if you don't spend MC on cockpit stuff then sure the MC is better.

3. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Yeah interestingly that merge problem is a bug looks as as Russ asked us to file a bug report about it as shouldn't work like that. I bet its just thinking that if you merge with another group you're actually merging INTO it....

4. SirHitman

SirHitman Well-Known Member

Got my first done now a 12 man SWOL
    [​IMG]

5. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

What is it called as I can't see it?

6. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

Island, standing

7. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

Actually went undefeated doing this challenge, adding one member from LFG at a time. Sounds like a lot of people who don't go in sequence end up with a lot of random man-counts missing, which is unfortunate.

8. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Yeah that's what Dudes did but sadly we had a few rounds where we met proper 12 mans and got royally stomped. Some of the players we picked up seemed to be totally new which was weird.

9. epikt

epikt Benefactor

I had similar experience, though on the other side of the stomp: we were running a PUG 12 mans (without concerted line-up, much experience of playing with each others, nor über-meta-builds, just a bunch of decent players on comms) and consistently rolled over teams without real cohesion.
    It seams the LFG brought "lots" of solo players into group play, which is a good thing, but unfortunately it makes unbalanced groups mixing rookies, vets and everything in between, which probably satisfies no one.
    Sometimes it even felt like solo queue brought to group queue, without much teamplay.

We need to see how it affects the group queue in the future, without the event.
    Personally I'll probably won't use the feature a lot, since I have enough contacts to start a group whenever I want (but this makes me think it could be a good tool for a rookie to start building a contact-list).

Flokoloko and Remarius like this.
  10. SirHitman

SirHitman Well-Known Member

The 12 man was a somewhat not really something i would call a pleasant experience most(all?) of them ended in stomps 1 way or the other. My first thoughts was that it should be limited to 4-6 man groups or maybe up to 8.

11. Flokoloko

Flokoloko Advanced Member

Not only sometimes, you could call the new feature "Solo-Group-Pug". I did my 2, 10 and 12 man for the challenge with the tool, finding a match wasn`t really difficult. Getting 30 Points wasn`t difficult either. But winning the 10 or 12 man would have been impossible, since you are dropping "solo" and the chance facing a real group isn`t so small.

12. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

I did two extra runs at the entire range, to help some company members or friends. The LFG was a mixed experience, people are people and some have no manners but I guess that's the luck of the draw. The last run I was leader and invited randoms from the LFG myself, being polite and tried giving all a chance at the score by asking the group if they minded doing a second round for those that didn't complete the challenge at each group size. Then we pulled in 1 more player and gradually worked our way up.

The players that we retained along the way were very happy, many thanked us and gave good feedback to help in the quest.

Getting 10 and 12 sizes was very aggravating, click-invite-warrior online. Must've spammed a hundred invites, broke the popup window several times (as in it didn't confirm having invited players).

And then doing the twelve drops were really another annoying bit since we ran into proper, organized clan 12's several times. EMP rolled us twice before we got out of their drop sync.

On the whole, good challenge. The LFG was interesting (just be very polite & nice) and picked up some new and cool friends.

@Aylek, did Pycken get the 12? I sent several invites but he might've been busy already?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  13. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Here's the key that I didn't understand so many people ignoring. The rudeness from some people was terrible - kicking with no comment, nothing spoken in group chat, no attempt at coordination etc. I had no problem helping 2 sets of people through where we just went consecutively 2-12. Each drop I mentioned what number we were going for and we repeated as necessary. Sometimes someone bailed but we kept the core together as people were being sensible. Strangely 9-12 were easy wins with all qualifying but both runs 8 was a bugger. Took 4 attempts each time to get all of us done. We used voip quite a lot though (or I did).

14. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

Yeah, I used VOIP all the way through to get some coordination going and encouraged good actions, kills etc. Asked for intel, good ideas, etc. Basically ran it as a regular company drop but a little simplified and with more gungho positive attitude to reinforce co-op spirit.

When we lost two players to a disconnect, I just stated in the game chat while we were still playing the game that any who got discoed and wanted back in could add me as friends and send a msg. We got one back and he was overjoyed, "Love u guyz" was his feedback so. I guess we did something right? ;)

15. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Pounded them all out tonight in about 30 minutes...nice and easy. Now to get on the Urbie leaderboards...

16. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Hehe, tell me about it.
    I remember a time I join a group, there are more than 3 of my class so I volunteer to switch class (normal). By the time I select my mech, load my modules and save, I was kicked out of the group...

17. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

10 battles in 30 minutes? Not to doubt you but .... the queing alone would probably take the 30 minutes.... ;)

18. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

This must have been the first event in which every single drop I made qualified. I was fortunate to be invited into some majorly good and nice groups. repeating drops to get everyone his count etc. Good use of VOIP and chat overall.

Kicked one person without notification, kicked a few non-responders. Mea-culpa, but I was on a tight schedule,...

19. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Eh, maybe slightly longer, but we had a ton of VERY fast games. I had none that didn't qualify until after I had gotten all the matches I needed.

20. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Yeah we had a lot of hard fought battles....

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast