[FEEDBACK] New Raven Hero Mech

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by Michael, Mar 31, 2014.

Do you like the new Raven Hero?

1. Yes, loving it!

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. No, it is garbage

23 vote(s)
    54.8%
  3. No, it needs tweaking (explain)

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. Don't care; I don't pilot lights

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

No energy hardpoints? RVN-3L still reigns.

except if it has 4 missile hardpoints instead of 2, maybe.

3. Roosterfish

Roosterfish Well-Known Member

By Grabthar's Hammmer, by the sons of Worvan, you shall be Christened the Shitbird.

4. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

Let's not hate too much until we've seen it in action. :rofl:

Seriously, though, I think 4xMGs and 2xSSRM2s w/BAP could tear up pretty nicely, especially against other lights. With the capacity for a 300 engine, it's able to hit the same speeds as a Jenner, and it has JJs as well. Looking good, might even tempt me . . . maybe! :p

5. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Personally? I would have bought a Hero 3L but I will not be buying this. You can NARC with it but you can't TAG. You have no ECM but you have JJ? It's the Missile Brother to the Ballistic Raven with JJ.

Even with 4x MG and 2x SRM6. which are still only working 2/3 of the time for me, makes a decent punch but the Raven just isn't designed to fight up close like a Jenner.

No thank you. Love the paint job but I'll pass.

6. Coldreive

Coldreive New Member

I cried a little when I saw that it wasn't a 3L :(

7. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

2 missile and 4 ballistic on a 35 tonner. Hmm, let me think on it...no thanks.

There's no viable loadout that makes much sense. You can pack heavy AC's in there but that's already doable on it's brothers. Nothing special.

Let's see it in action, maybe it'll surprise us. Or not.

8. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

I hope this is a (very sophisticated) April's fool joke...

9. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

You know how the Ember barely has enough fire power to open mechs up to get MGs working? This mech has even less tonnage efficient weaponry, with even worse spray effect.

Also, for saturation effect:

WUo7IBwaJT0

10. dranozir

dranozir MechSpecs Addict

This mech is the april fool joke ...

http://mwomercs.com/news/2014/04/815-urbanmech-arrives-on-battlefield

11. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

I will buy the UM-CUB! So strong with 2x rearmounted AC20s :rofl:

12. Lokesh

Lokesh Active Member

I might be tempted, but just because I have hated the Jenner since I first saw it in TT... I mean, the mech looks like a walking pair of pants.

13. cs_kami

cs_kami Benefactor

So Ember still beats it (fully articulating arms and all) But it is a cool concept i think. At least one Energy hard point would have been better though.

14. Falconium

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=148&l=e5c48460ed13f2c7a2e616038fa35acd4896a758

I realize it can take an XL300, but that would require dropping a half-ton of armor or a JJ, neither of which really seem like a good trade for a mere 2 kph.

Max damage ends up being 900 (aside from Arty/Air). Sustained (and max) DPS of just under 7, and it'll never overheat.

I really see this as being alot like the Oxide, in that both 'Mechs have close-range, roll-specific weapons, and they both suffer from a limited maximum damage. Oxide gets 1000 usually, or 1250 if you drop to a 280 engine; this Raven hero gets 900, though it can get to 1150 by doing the same, dropping engine-size to 280. I honestly think, though, that I'd prefer this Raven to my Oxide, as it actually has direct fire weapons for hitting that sore spot, whereas in the Oxide, you're forced to wait for one of the Streaks to finally hit the right component. Plus, having only Streaks on the Oxide means you are often crippled by a pack of lights or DDCs running multiple ECM. PLUS, the MGs on this thing will work great for kill-stealing! PLUS, this Raven hero has JJs, something the Oxide suffers greatly from a lack of!

As I said previously, this thing could really tempt me. :rofl: :mellow: :p :)

15. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Its very underpowered and underwhelming.

I built one with 4x MG and 2x SRM6 and I was doing an average of 100 points of damage per match (without arty or airstrike). SRMs still seem to NOT be working properly for me with my 28ms ping.

16. Bolththrower

Bolththrower Star Lord

Wow just wow, this is the best they could do? :/ Meeeh i'll keep to my super chicken.

17. enileph

enileph Star Lord

If this has 2x Ballistic and 4x Missile then this would rule, being able to do JJ and all, but now...
    http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=148&l=a6f01c483887f609b1043986d3a41f09999590e1
    or Streaks as you would expact.
    or lazy LRM?
    http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=148&l=12ca10b6a0aa94f3a9437b21b57aeaf2fa13a152
    This is basically the best it can get... a high speed good for nothing.
    I hope for the following, any OME of these changes would mke this make much better, and I am sure PGI is able to do ONE of them if we complain enough.

1) 4x Missile Point: we all wish for this, but doubt this will be done.
    2) 6x Ballistic Point: trust me, this sould way better than you might think, and offers different gameplay.
    3) add 1-2 Energy Point: prefer them to be at the arms, or even torso. But CT ok.
    4) add ECM: then we have a heavier jumpy ECM. Trading Energy Point for JJ.
    5) 4x AMS.

18. e92

e92 Benefactor

I like what they're doing with the raven hero. Hero mechs need not, and should not be over-powering or game changing. They should be a different flavor of what is available to the chassis currently though. And this is significantly different in play-style to what you would build in the existing raven chassis.

It probably isn't the best raven variant hands-down, and it probably isn't the best mech for the role that the hardpoints best fill either, but I think that's okay. It will be a fun mech to pilot and a difficult mech to master skill-wise.

In my humble opinion, it should have had 1xMissile, 1xEnergy, 4xBallistic. Then you can tag, narc and crit your way to a very very effective role-driven mech.

That's if you dump all 4000 machine gun shots into armored sections. With the crit bonus, it'll do more.

19. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Agree to your point, but still think the raven is underpowered. I do not want p2w heros, but at least make them not weaker.

Look at my suggestions, with the exception of the 4xmissile points, the rest is hardly overpower.
    The 1-2 energy point is the obvious fix, expecially when it is at the CT to prevent a PPC.
    the 6x ballistic would wield a machine gun creature, not too overpowered, but has its own flavor, being unique.
    Same goes for the jumpy ECM, definitely not overpowered compare to the current ECM lights or 3L, although I won't put my vote on this.
    Te extra AMS version would be an interesting thing to add, would be a good LRM counter, at the cost of many tons of AMS ammo.

20. Falconium

If they made the change you suggest, it would be way too much like the RVN-4X. Put a TAG, NARC, and a pair of MGs in that thing, and use it. It may lose a bit of speed due to having a lower max-engine-rating, but it can also carry an extra laser for some real fire-power.
    Enileph posted such a build here.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast