[FEEDBACK] PATCH NOTES - 1.4.32 - 03-NOV-2015

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by Blagg Zear, Nov 3, 2015.

1. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

Is it that good auriel?

2. anonymized1

anonymized1 Dispossessed

Played a bit last night.... trying to get my neglected Timberwolves leveled.
    Some things I noticed after about 10 matches.
    1. The first map picked is usually the map that drops..... I was able to pull Caustic, Canyon and Tourmaline when I got first vote in....could be coincidence..... I didn't play enough to prove anything, but it makes sense... Most people without an opinion go with the flow.
    2. I am enjoying playing the Timberwolf (my only clan mech) with the equivalent Cataphract build I usually run 2x cUAC5, 4cERML survivability is better, the learning curve seems.. easier, but I somehow like the Phract better.... I can be more surgical in the Phract in a way that just isn't possible for me with the Wolf I was pulling matches with 800+ dmg last night with maybe 2 kills and 8 assists.
    3. Arctic Cheetahs suck

Anyway,
    Cheers!
    TheSkiDog

3. lord_auriel

lord_auriel Benefactor

actually that wasn't sarcastic. I have never ever faked a sarcasm in my life. Seriously, the game on the test server is vastly slower, more tactical, Commandos and locusts actually have value, clan mechs are slightly hotter (not nerfed to death but certain builds like gauss & 5mlas are going to suck unless you remove a laser), and of course it's still only half the story but I got some overall impressions and I have to say: the game is going to get harder (aim! press r! Think about your primary target! You need to shoot weak spots because of the structure buffs etc etc)...

so yeah it is good. In my opinion as a 12% tier 2 player.

PS: it's going to be brawling meta I guess :p

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
    enileph and anonymized1 like this.
  4. Fleanutbutter

Fleanutbutter Benefactor

I have never been able to get on the test server. The one time I downloaded it I could never get it to run without errors. Maybe I'll try again.

I like playing stock mechs (vs. other stocks) and the test server sounds like it's more like that experience. Everything a little slower, more survivability, pay close attention to your heat, limited ammo, etc.

5. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

@lord_auriel And I wasn't implying sarcasm either. :) This is the second relatively positive feedback I read and I just wanted confirmation that is really is going so much in the right direction :)

6. lord_auriel

lord_auriel Benefactor

here is a post I made on the official forums (a vile, dirty place indeed). Please read this and make up your own mind. When the voting system came out I though it was fun for like 2 minutes and then I realized that something is completely bonkers. So i did some math and asked some people to get a bigger sample, and this is what we found:

May I sum this up? A pattern emerges, but more data is needed - the bigger the sample the better.
    See the problem here? Let's talk about diversity. Mkay?

Current Sample size: 108 games
    ###########################
    Skirmish: 55 --> 51%
    Assault: 38 --> 35%
    Conquest: 15 --> 14%

Frozen City: 18
    HPG: 18
    Canyon Network: 18
    Tourmaline Desert: 14
    Mining C.: 12
    Crimson Strait: 12
    Alpine Peaks: 7