[FEEDBACK] PATCH NOTES - 1.4.58 - 15-MAR-2016

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by Blagg Zear, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

2. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Just hope the team damage thing is not overdone.

This is not a fucking driving test, you get small amount of team damage moving past onto each other and what not. If this is set too low a number everyone gets screwed over in only a few games.

You get team damage in most game (mostly single digit), if the penalty is accumulative things go up fast.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  3. Shock

Shock Patron of the Underdog Staff Member

Based on no evidence, I'm guessing it will be around 25 to start.

4. enileph

enileph Star Lord

25 per game is quite fair, as long as it is only per game.

BUT if it is cummulative then you get penalty every 10 games or so, assume that you only get minimal team damage like 2-3 per game?

So it is a way to penalize people who play more per day?

Yay for pilot model. And happy if there is an option to change models later on, even if it would cost MC. Just make sure I am not forced to use a fucking female model.

5. Aramuside

Aramuside Star Lord

That's actually a very impressive patch for its volume alone....

Just a reminder that its a 6GB update.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  6. Tank the Frank

Tank the Frank Benefactor

Excuse the "non-IT person" silly question. Do you need 6GB of free space on your hard drive in order to be able to patch? If so, I'm going to have to delete a whole lot of stuff.

7. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

As I am not blessed with a 50k connection I'd love to preload some of the content. :nailbiting:

8. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

This is going to be fun if an entire friendly lance drops into your arty strike to get a kill,...
    (happened yesterday. 96 team damage,...)

Also:
    Shooting an enemy 'Mech while it is attempting to capture a Base or Capture Point in the Assault, Conquest, or Domination Game Modes will now suspend its capture attempt for 5 seconds, regardless of whether or not that 'Mech has any allies within the Base or Capture Point.
    -Very interesting!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  9. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Oh god... I'm a horrific human being, but this just makes me want to troll! Get MGs or a Small Laser and prevoke a team fight (which dealing minimal team damage myself) then watch the penalty hammer drop for the retaliation!

Must... not... troll... :bag:

Azakael likes this.
  10. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Sorry Guys, for some reason the Map Pics weren't put in the original Post in the official forum, when i copy-pasted. Now they have added the Pics with the new Spawn Points. I've added them too in the respective post here: https://www.mechspecs.com/threads/patch-notes-1-4-58-15-mar-2016-part-2.10744/#post-82556

Or check it up here:

Thoughts?

11. Shock

I don't see how the spawn points on Assault change anything but it will certainly be different for skirmish. If red tries to rush for the mountain, they risk their slower mechs getting caught from behind. Still if the others get up their fast enough, they'll be able to provide covering fire from I10. in which case, blue is still stuck trying to fight their way up

enileph likes this.
  12. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Skirmish seems to be interesting.
    Conquest is ok as is, so I am fine with it.
    Assault... That would only mean that red always get the top now. I don't see that as an improvement. H10 red will get there first. blue still have to struggle at H8. If anything it might be worse?

I Sooooo want to see the new paintjob now.

13. Shock

The new Conquest rules suck. Waiting a full minute or more for the score to reach 750 when one side is all dead is stupid. They need to change it so that if one side is all dead and controls no points, the game ends immediately.

Excalibaard, Michael and The Verge like this.
  14. Flokoloko

Flokoloko Advanced Member

The conquest rules have to be adjusted, but are still better then before. So no more last second wins by killen the capping light at a score of 749

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast