Discussion in 'Feedback on Sales, Patches, Promotions' started by The Verge, Jan 22, 2016.

1. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  2. Karl TenBrew

Karl TenBrew Space Pimp

Personal play challenge is the style I like: easy if you play, generally worth the time for some free MC and bonus Billz/XPz.

Leader-board is interesting this time. I think I like the KMDD structure over the old structures that so heavily favored assists or killing blows. In many minds, this favors mechs played the way they were 'meant' to be, as mobile kill factories even if they don't get the final blow. Survive, lay down the law, and slag them all. Because Warhammers CAN'T be LRM machines, I'm looking forward to the brawling that will ensue, but fearful that sniping will reign (this chassis is 'friendly' to Gauss/PPC combos, to put things mildly)...but just grateful that the skys should be clear. I EXPECT the event specific meta will lean towards brawling but that the exceptional snipers will top the boards.

3. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

I love it. KMDD means you just have to focus of hitting/killing shit rather than hitting everyone once or stealing the last shot.

4. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Legendary Member

Always nice to get some free stuff just for showing up to the party!

I agree with @enileph though. Nice to have events more focused on getting the enemy off the field than getting10 assists them hiding because you have to survive the match. I feel like this is more likely to teach newer players what they should be focusing on.

5. Gneckes31

Gneckes31 Well-Known Member

Indeed, I agree. And the best part is that i'll be able to get another glorious warhorn, making my superiority audible for all to hear!

6. Cpt Chattahah

This gave me a venerable chuckle. I agree full heartedly. Never enough war horns. I need more Ghost Bears though. Love the roar!

7. SkiDog

SkiDog Moderator Staff Member

I do like the direction the challenges are taking. Though with KMDD i do see a lot more suicide runs.

8. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

Still much better than hide and seek.

Cpt Chattahah and The Verge like this.
  9. WorkerPrime

WorkerPrime Junior Member

Just gonna wait for the inevitable 12 warhammer team lol

10. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

Your giving the B33f Ideas!!!

11. Cpt Chattahah

So true! The old "must survive the match" resulted in HORRIBLE drawn out matches where people would get their one kill, one assist, then go shut down in a corner... Horrible.

The KMDD might encourage suicides, but I crushed the last event, getting 3-5 KMDD in most rounds in EBJs, ACHs, BNCs, and TBRs. 40 points took less than 20 matches. If not for some bad positioning, getting me insta-gibbed early in matches, I could have done it in about 15. I love this style of event. Encourages builds that can cover multiple ranges, have agility to spread incoming damage, and have good burst DPS. Even hot builds can tear off a couple side torsos from mechs, get armor off a CT and retreat to cooldown while friendlies finish them. KMDD acquired. I did best in my 2x cUAC10, 3x cERML EBJ-PRIME. 2x UAC10s on the left side on decently high mounts to poke from cover on the left, 3x MLas on the right to do the same. Never exposing my own CT, bursting PLENTY of damage with the UACs, and have good range on the MLas. (Cooldown mod for UAC, Range mod for MLas) It was pretty easy to get the Cicada, camo, and colors. Great event style...

However, I am tempted to get the Warhammers now... They didn't look to interesting at first, but I'm seeing some pretty solid builds for a great sniper, SRM brawler, or an energy brawler with 7-9 MPLs and a STD300-STD325... Hmmm... Want.