Firebrand - "FlameBrand" (1x Gauss, 6x ML, XL340)

Thread in 'Firebrand' started by Fherot, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Fherot

Fherot Benefactor

I seem to be on a weird mech building spree that end up being insanely fun for me. I got addicted to the 300XL in the Jagermech and couldn't go back to 280XL. Then I tried my Battlemaster's 340XL....

Who needs a Flame with 4x ML 1x Gauss??

This doesn't even feel like a Jager it's a whole other beast.

You can fiddle with DHS to add more ammo but I found 35 rounds to be plenty with all those lasers.

2. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Prefer something simple, then again this is a meta on all Jagers

3. Fherot

Fherot Benefactor

Everyone knows the boring meta jäger builds, the whole purpose to this one is something different and fun. No one suspects 93 kph Jäger.

The ability to keep up with mediums and switch positions to flank repeatedly is superb. Atleast give it a try. And it is simple...

4. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

That's a completely different build enileph...

I became addicted to the XL340 in my Firebrand too. Figured the high engine cap is one of the major differences from the other Jagers and might as well take advantage of it. I personally ran an AC20 and 5 Medium Lasers.

5. Fherot

Fherot Benefactor

AC20 and 5 ML was great with STD 300 but honestly I didn't feel anymore rugged with a STD vs XL even on Jäger.

With that narrow side profile it helps torso twisting and high speed keep me alive through a surprising amount of enemy fire.

Plus I'll take speed over a chance of surviving with a couple lasers left. I run my Wang with XL as well.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast