Firebrand Sniper Variant (1x AC10, 2x PPC, AMS, XL280)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'Firebrand' started by Aylek, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

It took me some time, but I just realised that the Firebrand can carry the same sniper loadout as one of my CTF-3D builds.

Carrying all those weapons in the high mounted arms allows for effective sniping from behind cover without having jump jets.

There are some minor problems with the build. For example, despite being quite fast, this definetly isn't the mech I'd like to be caught in by a potent light mech. Therefore I'd prefer using such a build for playing in a group, knowing there is some backup around or relying on one or more bodyguards.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  2. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

I just realised that the number of weapons could also be reversed.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    Cpt Chattahah likes this.
  3. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

I think this is the best way to build it for me, fills every slot and gives the best possible cooling and nice leg armor and ok speed.

Additional Structure L/R Torso 7
    Ballistic Weapon Velocity 10%
    Energy Weapon Cooldown 10%
    PPC Heat Generation -15%
    PPC Velocity 20%

Weapons have the same speed, so the velocity buff would be better off if it was the same, but it's close enough for the range you'll be firing at. With ac10 range and PPC cooldown you will sync the weapons really well.

With the new quirks this thing is back and it's so accurate too, very nice kills/dmg ratio ! Cool enough now to be compared with the other quirked mechs.

[​IMG]

3T of ammo are more then enough considering combo'd with PPCs it's 1350 pinpoint damage potential.

Now If only I didn't skip this in the sneak-peak, I will have to buy PPC cooldown and AC10 range at full price someday, to run along with radar depr. and adv seismic. :arghh:

I like my paintjob too :rofl:

[​IMG]

@Remarius You could try this hero again for cbills generation, it works pretty well now 'cept it's an heavy so it suffers from crowded que.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
    purplewasabi likes this.
  4. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

5/5,
    the post above explains the rating.

5. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

This... Oh yes. This...

6. Epydemic2020

Epydemic2020 Well-Known Member

I run a very similar build.
    Ac10 and PPC would have the same extra travel speed of 950, but after quirks ppcs travel at 1140 and ac10's travel at 1045. Not perfect for pinpoint damage, but very close.
    The quirk of 15% heat reduction for the ppcs is nice as well.

I like to take full advantage of the jagger's high mounted arms. The bigger your engine, the faster you can poke and back away. With that in mind, I bring you this:

Max engine, 93.2 KPH, and no free slots.

Edit: I will very likely trade 1 ton of ammo for another DHS which will have to be located in the engine.

7. Spheroid

Spheroid Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Very good money maker for not that much damage. Probably my preferred build now along with the standard gauss build.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast