FS9-A "Micro Psycho" (8x SPLaser, 1x JJ, XL295)
5/5,

9 ratings

Discussion in 'FS9-A' started by ProtoformX, Feb 8, 2014.

1. ProtoformX

ProtoformX Active Member

I'm excited to try this one.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  2. Epydemic2020

Epydemic2020 Well-Known Member

Great build. I run this exact mech.
    I can't figure out how to post screenshots here (I don't seem to be able to attach them), but If I could I'd post up some pictures of sick damage with this build.

3. ProtoformX

ProtoformX Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  4. Gangnail

Gangnail New Member

Love this mech! Having a great time with it. Most assaults totally under estimate your "tiny" lasers until its too late for them
    [​IMG]

5. knightsljx

knightsljx Well-Known Member

Group 1: Alpha Strike
    Group 2: Arm lasers
    Group 3: Chainfire

You can do up to 4 alphas in a single pass before having to bail to cool down on normal maps.

6. Diesalot

Diesalot New Member

Anyone else try this? How has it been over the long haul?

7. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

This is good.

8. Gangnail

Gangnail New Member

Still loving this mech! It's my "fun" mech

9. aktionsandi

aktionsandi Benefactor

I just bought the FS9-A to try this build and the new quirks/buffs to it. Its fun and works great

10. Solahma

Solahma Space Pimp

@Falconium535 's second game in the thing. ~6 alphas before overheating on Tourmaline too. I'm about to test it for myself tonight.

[​IMG]

11. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

LOL Thanks Sol, saves me the time to upload it. ;) :thumbsup:

Yeah, this thing is an absolute blast . . . absolutely enjoyable, and extremely effective at precise, pinpoint damage. Very heat efficient, and tons of fun!:p:D

+1,000,000

12. aktionsandi

aktionsandi Benefactor

I just have to emphasize how good this works build works. I just played 9 games and in 5 of them i got 1000+ damage and 4-6 kills. Its ridicules

13. Solahma

Solahma Space Pimp

5/5,
    First match testing, 938 damage 6 kills 5 assists. Isn't even basic'd yet lol
    [​IMG]

14. Matta

Matta New Member

My build:

Removed DHS and some armor to add full complement of JJs. I use them plenty and everything below max is sluggish. Heat is not an issue if chain fire properly.
    My choice of modules:
    - Coolshot 6 and 9 (another version is UAV and Arty strike, it depends what mood I'm into :))
    - Seismic sensor
    - SPL range and cooldown modules
    - Target Info Gathering (for faster discovering of cracks on enemy armor).

After quirks came this SPL build became cookie-cutter build for this variant. No brainer here, just different flavors. Perfect Mech for those who love speed and sudden strikes. Small, fast, agile and deadly. All in all, I'm loving it. :ninja:

15. epikt

epikt Benefactor

The impact of quirks on this mech is really impressive.
    I already piloted a 8 SPLas build pre-quirks, I knew it was powerful. Unfortunately it was on the -K variant, so I had to buy a -A to benefit from the quirks.
    It took me seven game to grind the basics, and at that time I had fairly honourable 3.4 k/d and 2.4 kills per game ratios.
    Can't wait to unlock speed-tweak and see what this beast really worth. Nothing less than 5 stars for sure.

Here my pick on the build: max engine, 12 DHS, 4 JJ. Armor distribution might not be definitive, but it looks good so far.

16. Falconium

A few good matches in this thing tonight. Still loving it, it's without a doubt the funnest 'Mech to pilot in the game right now, hands down! Such a blast . . .

"Lights can't be expected to carry" :p
    [​IMG]

"Lords can't always win . . ." :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

Edit: I really gotta stop trying to carry in a light . . . :shifty:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  17. Durandal

Durandal Legendary Member

I ran into Proton as he piloted one of these earlier...since I was in my 3L, I was far from being a threat to him with only two lasers. He ripped up my entire team. 8 kills, 4 assists, 990 damage, this thing is an utter beast to behold. If I wasn't saving for TBRs, I would have rebought the FS9-A already...

18. Falconium

5/5,
    Only the best in Damage AND DPS that a Light can efficiently carry. Never a dull moment . . .

19. Durandal

Durandal Legendary Member

I caved. I was saving for a TBR, but I like lights so much, I said "fuck it" and picked one up. Had a few lemon matches so far (one on River City Night involved my entire team camping, so I got no damage in the first half of the match), but I've had some major wins with it too. Only problem...it kills too fast for the weekend competition, and I'm not qualifying! :(

Edit: I also ran into epikt and sp4rtan, and kept up my spree of having the shittiest possible matches when Mechspeccers are around. Dammit.

20. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Héhé, typical :rolleyes:

(indeed, a precise killer is not the best mech for the ladder)