FS9-A "Mini-Me" (8x MLas, 1x JJ, XL295)

Discussion in 'FS9-A' started by Excalibaard, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 01001101 01001111 01000100 Staff Member

Look mommy, I'm a tiny BJ-1X and I found a jumpjet!

Obviously gonna run hot, but 30% was better than I expected honestly. Makes more sense to run with just 6 ML and add more HS but that's stuff jenners do.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  2. BindMind

BindMind Advanced Member

Left click 4 MLas, right click the other 4 is my recommendation. :)

3. LT Satisfactory

LT Satisfactory Benefactor

I'm used to going left side click/right side click in a jenner, but this seems to be more suited to arms click/torso click. Decisions to be made on this build or 6ML/2Flamer... Maybe flamer to start and then try the 8ml after elite.

4. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

As this is pretty comparable to the BJ-1X I'd use 3 weapon groups on such a build: right arm, left arm, torso weapons.

5. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

Works on K type also, may need different weapon groupings then.

6. knightsljx

knightsljx Well-Known Member

I group the arms lasers together and the torso lasers together. this thing needs to be played like the BJ-1X. A fast striker that goes in pokes the enemy then gets out to cool down while looking for enemies with open parts to go in for a surgical strike.

It overheats like a mofo though if you're not careful with your trigger finger

[​IMG]

7. 80Bit

80Bit New Member

I like it, this is how I run my FS9-A, except I trade one DHS for a total of 3 JJ.

This build is the epitome of a Striker. With such high mobility, you can pick and choose when to strike. My damage per match is not particularly high, but kill ratio is good. Nothing ruins an Assaults day like 80 damage to the rear CT!

8. Phelantau

Phelantau New Member

Really love the teeth on this thing. Your right when you say you really have to watch the heat though. I tried to switch to chainfire when it started running hot and still managed to overheat so watch out.

I use a four button mouse so I set up mine as left mouse button left arm, right mouse right arm, my third is the 4 chest lasers, with the last button for chainfire. It works for me so far.

9. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

Chain fire is on the top 10 list of worst things you can do in a light, and probably anywhere else. Take one good shot when you have the heat and get back to piloting, not 8 separate average shots.

10. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

On a light yes, but there are cases where chains are good.

11. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 01001101 01001111 01000100 Staff Member

It's probably better to get an XL280 and/or drop 1-2 ML for the sake of heat management, but it just had to be done :D

enileph likes this.
  12. skidog2k3

skidog2k3 Dispossessed

I bought this chassis just for this build.... though I have an XL280 in it without the Ferro. I can't say I do well in it, but then it's just not my play style.

13. dranozir

dranozir MechSpecs Addict

A hot build but its work well in quick engagement.