1. Hi everyone!
    This is a kind reminder to rate the builds you play or read. The ETA for the new rating system is not yet here, but if everyone active could rate 1 build per day, we can have everything rated in only 1 month! Don't feel bad about giving bad ratings with some constructive criticism :)
    Thanks in advance -- the MechSpecs team.
  2. Welcome to MechSpecs!
    If you enjoy the site, please consider to register an account for free! Get access to our discord channel and the ability to rate/comment on builds you like! If you've already registered, make sure you log in at the top-right corner of the site.
    --Cheers, the MechSpecs Team.

FS9-A "Pocket Wubs" (4x MPL, 4x SPL, XL265, 1x JJ, 1xDHS)

Discussion in 'FS9-A' started by Epydemic2020, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Epydemic2020

Epydemic2020 Well-Known Member

I have gotten very used to the xl265 on some of my other light mechs. It delivers essentially the same heat per alpha as the 7mpl firestarter build:
    https://www.mechspecs.com/threads/fs9-s-epys-pocket-thunderbolt-7x-mpl-xl265.8877/

This version of the FS9-A has an alpha of 40, but it refires faster, has ever so lightly less heat per alpha, an additional heatsink, a jumpjet, but lacks the same range as the fs9-s.

Unfortunately, 42 damage seems to be the sweet spot for killing a light mech who is standing still in one of the side torsos. Still, if you can train yourself to only fire the SPL while in range I think these two mechs are comparable.