FS9-H "Light King" (6x MLas, 1x JJ, XL280)

Thread in 'FS9-H' started by Solahma, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Thank you to /u/Modo44 on reddit for the build suggestion while discussing Jenner vs. Firestarter post-quirks.
    The situation is this, the JR7-F has been the king of lights for a long time now. With the quirk-pass though, it will be receiving zero love as it is a Tier 1 variant. The FS9-K on the other hand will be receiving Medium Laser quirks (+10% ML range, -15% ML heat) making it the better platform for 6x Medium Lasers. It can fire more often (less heat) and dish-out more damage at distance (range increase). The Firestarter has arguably better hitboxes as well. The only down-side to the Firestarter is the slightly slower engine @ ~8kph.

Thoughts?

2. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Sounds pretty reasonable. Those quirks aren't confirmed yet, though, are they?

3. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

They are in the build on the test server. As close to confirmed as you can get ;)

4. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Best 6xMLas build on paper. And, in my opinion, on paper only.

The major issue I have with Firestarters, aside from the hitbox I actually don't find better than the Jenners (everything to the legs)(plus it's a bit taller), is how the weapons, both arms and torso, are located very low. What's great with the Jenner is you can peak out of a ridge and shoot almost without exposing yourself. The Firestarter requires to expose at least your full torso, waiting for a PPC shot probably.

5. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

While those are solid points, it would be interesting to see the difference in game, a Jenner side-by-side with a Firestarter in different positions of cover while still being able to fire their weapons. In a Light vs. Light battler, I think the Firestarter will win more often than not after these quirks. The Lower arm actuators for the 4x arm mounted medium lasers will be very useful for tracking moving targets. The nice thing about the Jenner is that all 6x medium lasers are in the arms, so if it can see it, it can shoot it. Up high or down low, wherever you need the lasers to go.

6. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, the hitboxes of the Firestarter are always going to be a problem, until/unless they fix them of course. As it is now, the Jenner would have an easy time simply Legging the Firestarter, whereas the Firestarter would have to try and take the Jenner's CT. And in a Light-v-Light match, leg-claiming is all the rage. ;)