GRF-2N 'Hug Me MK II' (4xSRM6+A, ECM, 2xJJ, LE295) +Alt
5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'GRF-2N' started by Aylek, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

This is a Civil War upgrade to @The Verge 's 'Just Hug Me' build for the 2N. For me the 2N is a premier chassis to either mount a STD or - nowadays - a light engine, as you can simply go on shooting stuff when one ST is gone.

The first build nearly keeps the speed of the orginial whyle sacrificing some JJs. The last 0.5 ton of ammo might be debatable, this could easily be either another JJ or some additional armor for the shield arms. The principle stays the same though.

Talking about LFEs here, you could also add some cooling, mount the jumping power of 3 JJs while also retaining the armor on the shield arms, but you need to sacrifice some top speed to do so:

The latter might turn out to be my favourite of the two as it is a more rounded build and only sacrifices 4.5 kp/h top speed (pre Skill Tree, that is).

The Verge likes this.
  2. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

I'd need more ammo. ;) Otherwise though, definitely a solid upgrade compared to the original XL build.

3. Falconium

5/5,
    Optimized brawler for Quickplay. I still personally run XL in my GRF-2N, because I'm just crazy that way and like having the extra DHS and ammo.
    But this is the best. This is min/maxed. And it runs like a beast!

Aylek likes this.
  4. Falconium

As an aside, I've often considered running this without Artemis, as it lets you increase the speed, heat efficiency, and ammo all at once, and keep the ECM. I haven't tried it yet, and I'm not sure the bonuses would be worth the increased missile-spread.

5. FaustHammer

FaustHammer Benefactor

5/5,
    I ran the XL version of this mech for a while and this feels like a straight upgrade. I have around 150 matches with this mech and it is my best KD mech to date. The damage is usually from 500-800dmg per game.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast