Grid Iron "Megatron" (2xAC5, 3xML, XL260)

Thread in 'Grid Iron' started by Psychodoughboy, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Psychodoughboy

Psychodoughboy New Member

My favorite build for the Grid Iron by far:

You can brawl, you can snipe, and he's surprisingly non-squishy even with the XL engine. Just keep moving and use cover effectively and you'll survive to the end of most matches. With GI's quirks + AC5 cooldown module the AC5's fire like non-jamming UAC5's and the ML's reach a very long distance with the ML Range module added on, too. If you start to overheat you can keep firing the AC5's all you want, just lay off the lasers. With the cannons constantly rocking their mech most pilots would rather run than face you head on. Average scores for each match range from 500-600 dmg with good matches in the 700-800 range. Haven't topped 1k yet, but I believe it's possible.

Other variations are to replace the ML's with SPLas for more DPS or drop a ton of ammo and put 2 MPLas in the arms and no Las in the head.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  2. octopec

octopec New Member

I drop one MLas (the one in the head) for more ammo - six tons ammo (180 rounds) in total. Works much better for me as you really want to be plinking away like mad with the AC5s, and taking those chance shots as well. Remember, two full duration MLases is the same as ONE salvo of AC5, which you can get off in around one second. I also go down to I think 32 armor in the legs, to free up weight for an XL280. Because honestly, NOBODY in their right mind shoots a hunchback in the legs.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  3. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Would put the ammo elsewhere

Maybe better on a 4G variant:

Torso Pitch: 25 °
    AC/20 COOLDOWN: 10.00 %

BALLISTIC COOLDOWN: 15.00 %
    BALLISTIC RANGE: 25.00 %
    BALLISTIC VELOCITY: 25.00 %

ENERGY HEAT GENERATION: -15.00 %
    ENERGY RANGE: 15.00 %