HBK-4SP Raptor (5x MLas, 2x SRM4, AMS, STD260)

Thread in 'HBK-4SP' started by Blagg Zear, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

I wanted 16 DHS and all weaponslots filled. Mission accomplished. Alphastrike and run away for fast Cool Down.

testrun:
    [​IMG]

Blagg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. Sassafras

Sassafras MechSpecs Addict

I was going to post my STD275 version, though its basically just a faster, hotter version of your build:

3. don Zappo

don Zappo Advanced Member

Here's the variant I'm currently running. Not being a fan of AMS, I put that tonnage to better use. If it can use the big engine, I may as well stick it in there!

4. don Zappo

... .... ?!? How is this mech so good? Here's my latest game and it's not even elited out, yet. This isn't even my best game as I forgot to screen capture the game where I did 5 kills and 5 assists with 700 damage. I was able to get all the basic efficiencies in 7 matches in less than an hour (granted, that was with double XP... but still)!

[​IMG]

5. don Zappo

I'm thinking that Blagg's version *might* be the better way to go. Due to the nature of how this mech engages in combat, it can take a fair amount of missile fire, and you can't just run and hide when you're in the middle of a brawl. Giving up 3.5 KPH for AMS might be just right. I go back and forth as to whether or not AMS is really worth it and I've honestly stripped it off of most of mechs and it seems to work pretty well for me. Blagg has a million times more games played than I do, so he might have a better idea of when AMS is needed and when it isn't. He does seem to be an AMS junky in a lot of his builds...

6. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Hehe, yeah I love to have Umbrellas against annoying Heavy Rains. But at 90+kph you can work without it.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast