Hero Mech? We Got Your Hero Mech Right Here!

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by Michael, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

[​IMG]

I can't remember the source material for the mini but I actually did a painting of Yen-lo Wang on MY centurion miniature for the tabletop and guess what? There is no doubt in my mind that this is the Chinese God of the Dead!

2. Chaossound

Chaossound New Member

You can find the yen lo wang in the game files already.

3. Jacob Ling

Jacob Ling Benefactor

Um isn't it against PGI policy or IGP or whomever to hack the game files? I would imagine this goes double for posting information about stuff that hasn't even been released in beta yet?

4. Vactus

Vactus Junior Member

Data mining isn't hacking. Completely legit. And in no way has it been said it's against any rules. More so now that the NDA is gone. The Yen Lo Wang files were posted on the MWO forums last month, they didn't say much, just that the files were there but not complete. So no one has an official picture from the mining posted.

5. Jacob Ling

Jacob Ling Benefactor

Ahh okay as long as nobody gets in trouble posting stuff they shouldn't. I notice Michael or (someone else) had some maps and stuff posted in another thread and I wasn't sure if this was something that was frowned upon by TPTB.

Good to know!

Thanks for posting this Michael as not all of us have Chaossound clearly superior abilities of "data mining". I would not have known about this for sure as I didn't see the other posts but since this is pretty well confirmed Im super stoked! Would love to have some solid details soon!

6. LaznAzn

LaznAzn Junior Member

No one has the balls to data mine the image and post it on the official forums.*
    Fixed. xD

Also: Data mining, specifically extracting game assets, is a grey area. It very narrowly balancing on the line of breaking the reverse-engineering rule. That being said, I have no doubt that if someone posted game assets (models or portraits) associated with the YLW, or any 'Mech for that matter, that there would be trouble to be had. :p

7. Vactus

Vactus Junior Member

Touche good sir. :)

I have no intention of getting YLW, but I really am interested to see how it will look.

8. AntiSqueaker

AntiSqueaker New Member

I'm most likely gonna get a YLW. I like Centurions, I like Autocannon 20s. Seems like a good match! :D

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast