HGN-733C "Thief of Souls" (2x PPC, 2x AC5, 2x JJ, AMS, STD300)

Thread in 'HGN-733C' started by BRUTAL FURY, Jan 8, 2014.

1. BRUTAL FURY

BRUTAL FURY Active Member

A real monster on the battlefield! I think the "2x AC5" work fine with "2x PPC", and these weapons have similar speeds (AC5 = 1300 m / s, PPC = 1500 m / s). In addition Have AMS, 5 ton of ammunition (150 rounds) for the cannons and 16 DHS to guarantee a good DPS. The "2x AC5" no jam and now with the nerf the AC20 this variant appears as an interesting alternative to the Scottish. Good killing ...

Note 1: Maybe you think that the level armor a little low (legs, left arm and head), but, is sufficient to make the job...

Note 2: I know of course that this variant is already well known and used by the players, but, had not yet been posted, so...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. TheDevilsIncarnate

TheDevilsIncarnate Advanced Member

I do the same thing on my Heavy Metal currently. One more JJ though and no AMS.

3. BRUTAL FURY

TheDevilsIncarnate, I respect your opinion, sure, but I believe that the Highlander moves a enormous mass and your speed is limited, because of that, the AMS is very necessary. In addition "2x JJ" is sufficient because it weighs 2 tonnes each: a great investment! Ty.

4. TheDevilsIncarnate

I don't disagree with you at all, AMS is plenty worthwhile. It's just my own personal preference because I am so used to LRM's I know how to use cover effectively. So I use AMS, but I feel the extra jumpy of another JJ is worth the little bit of exposedness that not having AMS gives you. Plus I find missiles aren't doing very much damage lately.

5. BRUTAL FURY

Yes, very reasonable observations. That's why I rarely use AMS; LRMs need a buff. But the 733c leftover a little more tonnage and for being big and "slow" makes it a good candidate for the AMS.

6. TheDevilsIncarnate

Yeah no disagreements from me there at all. AMS is really useful no matter how you spin it.

7. CaveJohnson10

CaveJohnson10 New Member

This is my personal favorite for Highlander builds, just picked up 1004 damage in one match with it.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast