Ilya Muromets "Shotgun" (3xLBX10, 1xML, 2xSL, XL280)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'Ilya Muromets' started by JointViper, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Business

Business Advanced Member

I've always used the small laser version but try to squeeze in that extra ton of ammo for 90 total somewhere. I made a dual LBX XL340 version with 90 rounds, 3 medium lasers and almost full armor. That one was a lot of fun, too, but I switched back to XL340 and dual AC10 or just the triple LBX.

2. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Trip LBX, single MLas and 105 rounds @ 71kph is a BLAST to play. SOOOOO much lolz.

3. Jjiill

Jjiill New Member

THIS BUILD IS GODDAMN POWERFUL! Rly he's shreds all targets in close fight!
    Some math for it!
    We got 3 LBX = 30 bullets x 1 DMG = 30 DMG . But it CRITS!
    https://mwo.smurfy-net.de/ says us it has 14% chance do 2 Dmg, 8% chance do 4 Dmg, 3% chance do 6 dmg.
    30/100*14=4.2 - means 4 bullets will crit by 2 Dmg => 4.4 bonus Dmg - means 30+4.4 dmg from 3LBX alpha
    30/100*8=2.4 - means 2,4 bullets will crit by 4 Dmg => 7.2 bonus Dmg ((4-1)+(4-1)+(4-1)*0,4) - means 34.4 + 7.2
    30/100*3=0,9 - means 0,9 bullet will crit by 6 dmg => 4.5 bonus Dmg - means 41.6 + 4.5
    3 x Alpha shoot LB10X AC = 46.1 Dmg!!!!!
    +2x ML = 10 DMG
    Soo we got 56.1 ALPHA!!!
    and about DPS - with a Fast Fire skill we got 2.38 sec cd LB10X - 46.1/2.38=19.36 DPS + 2,5 DPS from ML = 21,86 DPS with a 1.4 (45%) cooling efficiency!
    OMG THIS IS REAL KILL MACHINE!!!!! ^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^
    2xAC20 jagers will run in a FEAR!!!! YEAH!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
    spirit-infernal likes this.
  4. SAI Peregrinus

SAI Peregrinus Advanced Member

If you're going to do math, please pick a decimal convention and stick with it. Also, learn the mechanics. Critical hits only apply to internal structure. So it's a 30 damage alpha strike, with an average of 56.1 alpha if all the pellets hit unarmored sections of the target.

5. Jjiill

Jjiill New Member

Ohh... I'm noob... :blush: :(

Anyway this build shreds!!!

6. Cpt Chattahah

Had a nice round with CarrionCrows and LTSat!

[​IMG]

7. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Not to derail this build thread to discuss LBX damage, I have created a new one here:

http://www.mechspecs.com/forum/index.php?topic=4954.new#new

8. knightwolf47

knightwolf47 Active Member

Wow, someone finally noticed this thread...lol. Thanks for the comments all, would have responded sooner but school's been keeping me plenty busy...Ian, don't worry about knocking things, your points are good ones :cool:. I put this one together before I learned the secrets of ammo placement and how that worked. My philosophy up to that point basically involved housing the ammo for a weapon with that weapon, so that if the ammo set off, it would only destroy the weapon which used it (provided it didn't blast me into next week... ;))

As far as strategy, definitely right about that as well. One does need to be sneaky :phear:, this is definitely a design that needs a bit of tactical thought, or at least patience ;), as mentioned in the first post. I've run into this design several times over the last couple of weeks, and on at least a couple of occasions, was able to spot it at range and either kill it or drive it away before it could do anything.

Ammo is a consideration, but I definitely prefer to keep the lasers around. I've run both this build and the chainsaw build sans lasers a few times each, and in almost all cases I still run out of ammo long before the end of the match, often long before I take any significant damage. This reduces me to (as someone once said on these forums) to pointing my finger at the screen and going "pew pew pew". :D The lasers don't do a whole lot, but by the time I absolutely need them, they're a lot better than nothing. If push comes to shove, I've often found it better to chain-fire the weapons to stretch things out, also improves things when flyswatting lights.

9. Cpt Chattahah

How I currently run. Moderate ammo and keeping the 2xML.

Good rounds are around 800-900 damage and it's a great clean-up mech. Killing blows on 3-4 is pretty regular. Love the triple shot-fun!

10. Nakamura Takeshi

Nakamura Takeshi New Member

ILYA MUROMETS

This is the Triple LB 10-X and Med. Laser Build I've used. Hang back for a bit and let the front-line boys soften up some targets, then move in and finish 'em off. Slow but the triple LB's are also good for punishing lights that get too close.

11. Cpt Chattahah

Must... have... more... ammo!

12. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

13. dranozir

dranozir MechSpecs Addict

3 Medium laser for me :

14. Grinder37

Grinder37 New Member

5/5,
    Use chain fire to go full auto ;)

15. Grinder37

Grinder37 New Member

My build:

Excellent brawl. Last drop I 1v1 brawled 1 timber and 2 ebons. It took the second ebon to down me.
    And similar story goes for average drops.

Definitely viable.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast