Ilya Muromets "The Ranger" (3x AC5, 2x LLas, 1x MLas, XL255)
4.66667/5,

3 ratings

Thread in 'Ilya Muromets' started by dranozir, Sep 2, 2013.

1. dranozir

dranozir MechSpecs Addict

A good range build , when you are near overheat , fire just AC 5 and you stay at 10 DPS.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

easiest chainsaw build far people who don't like to jam. 5-5

3. Sassafras

Sassafras MechSpecs Addict

I just bought an Ilya and this is basically the build I came up with since it marries my two favourite weapon systems: 3x AC5, and 2xLLas, though I dropped the MLas and a heatsink for more ammo since I would probably forget to use the MLas anyways.

Did 729 damage on my first match with this loadout, with only 4 of 8 Basic Efficiencies unlocked. Pretty damned brutal build.

4. Skyer Stralende

Skyer Stralende Junior Member

I opted to remove the Mlas in favor of another ton of ammo.

Needless to say, this is a great build! It doesn't feel like it melts as fast as the Chainsaw, but it sure does excellent work. I found that using terrain to isolate groups of enemies so that it became pseudo one-on-one worked in my favor, as I destroyed multiple UAC/5 Jagermechs on River City because they wouldn't push far enough around the citadel to shoot me at the same time. Here's the results of that match, which is my first match with this build:

[​IMG]

If my team would have listened to my early advice and pushed back to base if the enemy came down the Upper route (which they did), it's likely we would have won. But the loss wasn't for my lack of trying! :D

5. Sassafras

Yeap, it definitely needs more ammo. This is the build I use, and I ran out of ammo on the second last enemy, though truthfully I still fire a ton (at least) of ammo into the ground:

[​IMG]

We had a great big 12 on 12 brawl in between Sigma and the cave mouth so I always had something to shoot at.

6. dranozir

For me i dont need a lot of ammo. I need speed.

A XL 295 version.

7. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Tried Sassafras' version including 7 tons of ammunition yesterday and had a blast. The mech tends to run hot though when in a prolonged fight so that I had to switch the LLs to chain fire. Used the AC5s in chain nearly all the time as well.

Although the added ammunition is nice, I think that such slow mech should use (and profits) from AMS. Something along these lines:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  8. Morthax

Morthax New Member

Hi. First time posting here.

Just got me a Muromets during the Double XP weekend. Had a hard time figuring out how I wanted to build it. Ended up here and decided to give it a whirl. I tested the OP first and then Skyer's with the LL's. I prefered the LL's. But it still felt lacking. I put 2 ERLL's to try it out. I havent gone back. Its devastating. With the proper management you will never have an issue. Start getting a little to hot, just use the AC/5's on chain. The heat doesnt go up and will allow you to just pummel and pummel. This is what I went with.

Unfortunately I am unable to post a SS of some matches, when I try to print screen, I just get a black image when I paste it. But as long as I dont get to cocky and rush in, I am constantly getting 600-800+ damage, tons of assists with enough kills to inflate my ego a bit lol.
    Since I got it on Saturday, here are my current stats according to the MWO profile page.
    97 matches - 42 W - 48 L - Ratio 0.88 - Kills 80 - Deaths 75 - K/D Ratio 1.07 - Damage 35,715 - XP Earned 81,602 - Time played 08:40:00.

I named it "The Hammer". It was totally appropriate.

Thanks for the inspiration!

9. Sassafras

Morthrax, regarding the SS issue, I have a similar problem, so I have to go into windowed mode (Alt+Enter) to take screenshots (use Alt+PrtScn to take a shot of only the active window so you don't have to screw around cropping the picture).

10. ArkNemesis

ArkNemesis Well-Known Member

When you hit printscreen, screenshot is directly saved in game directory ;)

11. dranozir

The build in action !

12. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Still very strong, but dangerously hot. Can dish a lot of damage within seconds, though. Remains one of my favorite builds for the Ilya.

13. mmstahlman

mmstahlman Active Member

5/5,
    Ran this several times without the ML, more ammo, and an XL280. It is a beast. Multiple kills per match, several were also over 600 damage.

14. don Zappo

don Zappo Advanced Member

5/5,
    Even though it doesn't use the quirks to their fullest, I still believe this loadout is the best. The quirks do help it to be jusssst that much better than before.

Oh, don't forget to drop that silly MLas out of there. MOAR ammo, less useless weapons!

15. enileph

enileph Star Lord

4/5,
    Maybe a bit more ammo now that there is a cooldown quirk for AC5.

Is running this thing recently.
    Slight changes.

16. dranozir

I became ace of spade with this build

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  17. dranozir

This build is still viable.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast