IS OmniMechs - Still waitin'... (General Discussion)

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by Ch_R0me, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Ch_R0me

Ch_R0me Benefactor

Still waiting...
    Still complaining to PGI to give us those...
    Still comtemplating "XL-Achilles-Heel" and "Lotsa locked hardware, including BAP in Men Shen"...

I invite you to discuss the IS Omnis here. :)

2. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

TB Omnimechs suck in comparison to the customization a Battlemech allows in MWO. In addition to this, most of the IS Omnis are coming with SHS stock, and according to the game's cutomization rules those can't be swapped on Omnis.

3. krevLL

krevLL Insane Fire Troll

If they followed standard construction rules and did away with all the friggin locked equipment it would be fine, but then clammers would whine about locked shit on clammyomnimechs which if reversed would honestly break the game~

4. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

While this may be an unpopular opinion, BattleMechs allow for too much customization at the moment, which is why omnimech customization and locked equipment sucks.

Battlemechs equipment can be fully optimized using every tool in the game (upgrades, engine sizes,equipment placement), but they're limited by hardpoints.
    OmniMechs equipment is limited, but their hardpoints are not fully optimizable with every tool. They're limited to the set of hardpoints granted to them by the other omnimech variants.
    I won't deny that OmniMechs' hardpoint customization is stronger than having one set of hardpoints to choose from, but in the end they're still dependent on the weapons you can put in. If the Black Lanner has a locked XL385 using up your tonnage, tough luck making it work.

If BattleMechs instead had 1-3 specific engine rating(s to choose from) and the option to choose between Standard, Light, XL engines, that would already limit their flexibility quite a bit, which in turn would make locked omni equipment, by contrast, less of a problem. Not being able to change SHS/DHS could (and should) be houseruled as long as SHS remain unusable in a game with DHS allowed.

Aylek likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast