Jester Heromech Speculation.

Thread in 'Catapult' started by Tristan Lorius, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Tristan Lorius

Tristan Lorius Active Member

what do you think this mixed up mech will be about?

Are They Redesigning Everything?

Is the World Made Of Biscuits?

tell us everything Below

2. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Guessing an upgrade of the 'pult model like Atlas. I am thinking of ballistic hardpoints and energy hardpoints, along with JJ and AMS. Will it be 1 or 2 ballistics though. Notice the MG like things towards the front on the mech. Problem is that those sports are really close to where the old catapults used to place the CT energy weapon, so maybe the slot is in CT? In that case it would only be good for AC2. Much less impressive but still fun (2x LLas, 2x AC2, 2x AMS, 1x JJ, 15x DHS, XL280).

A chance I will sell the K2 if this works out fine, fine being the Ballistic slots are of ST not CT.

Yes, the World is Made Of Biscuits.

3. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

shamelessly stolen from Blagg:
    [​IMG]

From what I can see:
    2 AMS (looks like LT and LA)
    2 Energy (LA and RA)
    2 Energy (LT and RT)
    2 Energy (CT, you can only see the right side, looks like blue glass inside similar to the arms)

4. enileph

enileph Star Lord

The CT hardpoints looks more like two MG to me, due to the color and the dots on the lens area.
    The ballistic "lumps" of the K2 is still there under the ST energy hardpoints, but not sure if it is usable (unlikely), the 2x AMS ears are ST.

It is not uncommon for stock to not have all hardpoints equipped, and I don't care amout ANY of the stock equipments as long as they give me a good engine, HACK I am fine with only MG and SLas in stock even as long as the hardpoints are nice. Only jerks would run stock.

Oh, the barrel on the arms looks a bit short for PPC, so maybe it is LLas. The ST hardpoints seems to have SLas(?) due to it being red... the CT hardpoints... I have no idea if it is an energy Hardpoint then... it is not red or green.

But I do know what you mean, compare to the K2 (and the A1 with no torso hardpoints)
    The sad thing is that K2 also have the CT "dots" in the old stock photo... so worse case is that we don't get CT weaponary, leaving us with only a 4E catapult variant with 2 AMS (and maybe not even JJ)

[​IMG]
    [img width=307 height=495]http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/mwo.gamepedia.com/7/7b/CPLT-A1.png[/img]

5. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Why would a machine gun have a lens in the barrel? :rolleyes:

Also, the machine gun looks completely different. Smaller and has length to the barrel.

[​IMG]

6. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

CT-Ballistics? What a dumb concept.. None of the available Mechs have CT-Ballistics. It would be exceptional if the Jester would have it

7. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Note that according to that picture the K2 would have SIX(!) Energy hardpoints(LA,RA,LT,RT,CTx2) and 2 ballistic hardpoints!
    Ballistics in CT is better than you think... you can actually squeeze AC2 with a ton of ammo there. A nasty zombie if you ask me. That, and by doing so this variant would be unique without being overpowered, while keeping K2 being the unique big Ballistics 'pult. A 'pult with only 2x AMS and 6x energy is just a fattened Jenner.

8. dranozir

dranozir MechSpecs Addict

And for the moment we dont know what engine he will have. The jagger can have XL340. Maybe the same for this mech.

AC2 can be available like the Awesome M9 who can have energy or missile in center torso.

9. Tristan Lorius

Because JOKERMECH! (random weapon meshes to add confusion)

10. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Why So Serious?

Well, If they would followthrough with that fairy tale theme it would be cool... a white rabbit blackjack, and a hatter hunchback. Maybe a jabbarocky dragon(!) and a queen of hearts jenner.

11. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

I would love to have 6 Energy Hardpoints and a Head.Ballistic.Hardpoint! That would be New and a great Joke! Would totally suit to the Jester! ;) And yaha you still can load an AC2 or MG and go Zombie{*} with it :p

{*} running a STD Engine and trying to go Zombie with a CAT is a Joke too! Definitely a big fun :rofl:

12. Tristan Lorius

i think an XL 800 engine and 16 MGs would do me fine :p

13. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

14. Tristan Lorius

[img width=400 height=400]http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/27095525.jpg[/img]

15. Roosterfish

Roosterfish Well-Known Member

Tristan, where did you get a picture of me at?

Am I being spied on again?

Gonna have to be getting out my aluminum foil again.

16. Tristan Lorius

I'm Sorry Man!!!

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast