JM6-A 'Jagermeister' (2x SRM6+A, 2x UAC5, 2x ML, XL285)
4/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'JM6-A' started by Puberty Blues, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Puberty Blues

Puberty Blues New Member

JM6-A was the first mech I bought, could never get it to feel right until I came up with this (originally without ML).

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2014
  2. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Solid armament, however, the armor is VERY low in the legs for having stored ammo (remember, ammo is used top down, so the legs are used last) and the XL engine makes such a close range build dangerous.

I would frontload the armor a lot more, drop to 2x SRM4 (no Artemis) and go for a STD260. This makes the close range build slightly less powerful as far as losing 4 SRMs, however, you can survive a LOT better in close range brawling situations.

Just a suggestion. I still like the loadout for the give and take.

Cheers, mate, and welcome to MechSpecs! :D

3. Cpt Chattahah

4/5,
    Good build - Could use more survivability for a brawling loadout.

4. Puberty Blues

Puberty Blues New Member

Cheers, I might give that one a go.
    Survivability is an issue but as usual with the jager playing a little less aggressive and supporting an assult instead of being lone wolf always makes for a better game.
    I usually run 10 rear ct and about 8 or 9 rear side torso and max fronts. Whats a good balance?

5. Cpt Chattahah

With the large torso being such an easy target, I usually try to stick to 14 per Side and 16 Center on the rear as my absolute lowest...

6. Puberty Blues

Puberty Blues New Member

This has been my recent development

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
  7. Apnu

Apnu Active Member

I like this idea but I can't stand the UAC5 jams, so here's the build with AC5s instead. Still working great.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast