1. Welcome to MechSpecs!

If you enjoy the site, please consider to register an account for free! Get access to our discord channel, mech building guides, and the ability to rate/comment on builds you like! If you've already registered, make sure you log in at the top-right corner of the site.
    --Cheers, the MechSpecs Team.

JR7-D Give+ and Take- (4x MPLas, 1x SSRM2, XL300)

Discussion in 'JR7-D' started by Christmas Jones, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Christmas Jones

Christmas Jones New Member

Been running this build since I picked up my XL300. I find I do better (dmg wise) with the pulses, and I don't particularly like missles in this game in general ( the dmg tends to hit multiple segments every shot, due to spread/tracking )

I've shaved down the cockpit and front side torsos cause of the smaller hit boxes, that I never seem to get busted. Leave just enough to survive a lucky ( unlucky ) strike. Had a scare or 2, but have yet to lose an arm or the mech to a head / front side hit.

Heat seems to be fine, if you work in and out and give it a chance to cool. Definately need to be pro-active on hot maps thou ( I tend to go for chain as opposed to split sets ).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Well, I think you should leave this build for the relatively crappy JR7-K. The advantage of the D is the 2 missile hardpoints.

3. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah Staff Member

Got to agree here; wrong mech chassis for the build.

4. Michael Swiderski

Michael Swiderski New Member

I gave it 2mpl 2ml and 2ssrm's. Helps me get those piranhas. Chain fire those legs with streak hits.