JR7-K "0.6 seconds of pain" (4x MPLas, 1x JJ, XL300)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'JR7-K' started by RyanUNDEAD, Sep 18, 2013.

1. RyanUNDEAD

RyanUNDEAD New Member

I don't usually play my JR7-K because my other two Jenners have build I prefer. But I need to get my master unlocked so I thought I'd try something I don't usually run. This build will run only any of the variants but it will be best on the JR7-K for that extra module slot.

I've played 5 games with this build so far and I have done well in all of them, with an average of; 350-600 damage, 5-10 assists and 2-4 kills. Some of the kills were solo, I even took a 2v1 fight against another Jenner and a Jagermech.

I'm guessing most of you could do better than I can though as I'm only 2-3 weeks in to my MWO experience.

Any feedback welcome.

Edit;
    I know some people like to max armor so you could always try dropping a DHS in favour of an extra JJ with max armor.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. epikt

epikt Benefactor

I ran a similar build several times (with less armor and more JJ) and I always felt it was too hot. I know it has a good theoretical heat efficiency (41% with 12 DHS, as I might have built mine), but I just couldn't help overheating very fast.
    Good fire power though.

3. SuicidalBaby

SuicidalBaby Well-Known Member

more armor for a minimal drop in speed.

4. Daekar

Daekar Junior Member

I have been running this build and I have been doing better than I expected. I think it will be pretty lethal once I get doubled basics.

I tried a ML+SRM4 build but couldn't apply the DPS effectively. Probably going to stick with this build.

5. epikt

epikt Benefactor

I went back to this build, downgrading the engine to fit one more DHS. Overall I deal less damage than with 6 MLas, but score a similar number of kills - this thing is a great finisher and don't waste the damage.
    Still hot though... :mellow:

With the upcoming buff of the MPLas (on both range and heat) this weapon loadout might become really good.

6. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

Really nice now that you want Radar Deprivation on a module slot 24/7 in lights to tell when you've been spotted out. The range is still a major shortcoming, and longevity can suffer significantly due to getting closer to do your damage. The heat adjustment is helpful, but compared to a 6 MLas JR7-F, this has the same sustained DPS, and worse upfront max DPS. I'd consider this in lighter tonnage league drops, but the heavier your enemies, the less important the ease of lasing is, and the more your lack of range gets you damaged. Also, you can just do it in a SDR-5D with buggy hit reg and IMO a better MPLas to DHS ratio, plus ECM.

Seriously though, as long as the MPLas is a ton heavier than an MLas, better off with the MLas and a spare DHS when slots and hard points allow.

7. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

5/5,
    devastating build with new quirks, still got jenners CT tho

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  8. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Which engine size have you been using FX?

9. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

300XL, but XL 295 would be a bit better among the common engines I belive for solo drops.extra JJ makes a difference and any slot filled in that crappy hitbox CT is good, while speed drop is negligible.

Best overall setup for solo drops would be this in my opinion.

But an XL285 is rare.

Of course on 4+ men drops I'd always go with max engine.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  10. MikeyTwoGuns

MikeyTwoGuns New Member

In the last few days, I have been running more or less this same loadout except with only 11 DHS. Yet, I have not been overheating terribly. So 13-14 DHS is probably overkill with the new quirks in place.

By removing one of those DHS, you can fit on AMS + 1/2 ton of ammo. The Nov. 4 patch doubled the amount of AMS ammo you get per ton and 1/2 ton, so light mechs shouldn't be afraid to allocate 1 ton toward AMS.

EDIT: I just realized that fitting numerous extra DHS's is for crit buffering so your engine doesn't absorb all the critical hits... doh. So my advice about removing them and fitting on AMS might be bad.

EDIT 2: And now I have read in numerous places that having your XL engine destroyed from crit damage without any of the torso components being destroyed DOES NOT do anything to your mech... ugh.

I am totally lost here, can someone please set the record straight about engines being destroyed from crit damage?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  11. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

It's because it works great any way you build it :D

13-14 might feel like an overkill, those are to pull score record games where anything goes right and you are always firing :)

Remarius likes this.
  12. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Yeah I'm a pressure player and love brawling - the ability to non stop fire is priceless and the Ice Ferrets strangely have made me so consious of the fine line between volume of fire and ability to sustain it. Having only 9 tons to play with (12 DHS base) on a larger unquirked chassis means every ton has to be perfectly balanced. Jenners have it easy!

13. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

Mikey DHS that can fit are to protect the arms where half of your firepower is stored in each, side torso don't get hit, and CT is already full, or almost if only 1 JJ, I misplaced them but it should have been like this.

match before elite :

[​IMG]

Elited :

[​IMG]

Now I think I'll just run the XL300 version. I don't have 285 or 295, but it still overheats on sustained fights after elite unless on cold maps, and I don't have the cooldown module.

Pretty expensive to maximize, because if I want to add MPL range and CD modules those cost 6m togheter, will need to think about it since I don't have other IS MPL quirked mechs.

If they do something for the crappy CT this will become THE 35T competitive light mech, but if it stays like this I guess we will see more firestarters, because people with good aim can kill you in no time.

4 MPL every 2.04s with modules (15% bonus from quirks, 5% from skills, and 12% from module, for a 32% bonus) ; they fire like SPLs.

Current version:

What I'd probably run if I had engines:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  14. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Ok did 7 drops in a 2JJ 295 engine version to test it out. Radar, shock absorption, mpl range/cooldown. First was awful as let myself be distracted by some twat mouthing off but I got a kill at least so whatever. The next 6 were:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got team killed by Carchemish as I was in front of an unmoving target shooting it who then laughed about it as he killed the target.
    [​IMG]

Met him in next match and according to my team carried it for everyone... Carchemish stayed silent and my stats smoked his:
    [​IMG]

Solo assaulted and held the top of Alpine to keep the otehr side occupied after we got caught in a horrendous situation on the slope... my team bravely fired up the slope at everyone trying to shoot me:
    [​IMG]

Nuff said 300+pts more than anyone else on the team and 3 of our 5 kills:
    [​IMG]

All in all a sweet mech but could do with more range as just 242m with range module.

Motörhead likes this.
  15. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

With the recent heat debuff I'd espect at least a 7,5% range increase, but it just seems it's firestarters season :(

Heat was already on the edge with the XL300, now XL295 will be recommended, and I will have to buy it sooner or later.

16. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Yeah can't see how I can eeek out more dhs w/o hitting performance badly. As it is I've had to slightly shave away armour on arms and legs which is dangerous....

17. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

Yeah if we compare the XL295

With the next better DHS version with viable armor

It is just not worth it. Not much for the armor, but 5km/h is huge on a light.

Quirks were totally fine as they were. There's no real way to improve the XL295 version.

Then again want to nerf? Fine, but the fact that they introduce a -30% firestarter in the same patch just makes me wonder how they plan those decisions. And they already know that it's going to turn into 20% anytime soon, because 30% is way too much.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast