JR7-K "Gnocchi" (2x PPC, 1x JJ, XL255)

Thread in 'JR7-K' started by Jay Z, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Jay Z

Jay Z Well-Known Member

Take Jenner. Strip everything off it. Add 2PPCs a JJ and an XL255. Profit?

This is a fun build and really helps to improve your aim after running it for a while. There are some brilliant hiding spots on the maps made for this mech.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

If only jenner's had ECM... otherwise, it's a crap build.

3. Verbosity

Verbosity Dispossessed

Yeah have to agree, you're not doing enough damage with this thing, you're too slow with an XL255 and any light that notices you're packing ppc's is going to regard you as an easy kill.

While there is value in learning to get that pinpoint of damage to hit a target at high speed, it's not anywhere near as usefull as being able to hold lasers on a target at high speed. I'd much rather see 2xLL or ERLL's.

Ok so you can kinda do it in a Raven-4X, the issue is how does this build compare with other jenners, rather than "how does this compare with other ppc lights". The ppc-4x is an ok build ( that this is better than), but there are just soo many better jenner builds out there.

All being said though, this is the JR7-K , if you're going to do a crazy build while grinding, you may as well do it on this jenner.

2 Stars.

4. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

I hopped into this for a break from the 'phracts I had been grinding... First round in this mech, win, 'that wasn't so bad.'

Next game, win, 'I guess the team carried me for once.'

Third win in a row 'good thing enemy lights didn't find me...'

Fourth win in a row 'This is kind of working...'

Fifth win in a row 'ok, wtf, second place in this thing? 550 damage, 2 kills...'

Sixth win in a row 'Well I finally died in this mech' (terra therma overheat ftl)

Seventh win in a row, 'it's bedtime, but I suppose I should see this streak through'

Finally lost the eighth game in this mech, lower spawn on River City ftl. Piloted correctly, this mech can be half decent fire support for your main body. Jenners are not primary targets by any stretch of the imagination, and pumping out 3-500 damage as part of the main mass of metal is doable, though not easy. Don't get caught alone or overheat, soften up the enemies fatties, and enjoy. 3/5 for the combination of snipe-tart power, evasiveness because you're Jenner sized, and frankly, the results. Not a horrible way to change the pace of your Jenner play. Easy to keep your PPCs in prime range, without being prime target.

5. Jay Z

Jay Z Well-Known Member

Welcome to the ways of the PPC Jenner. I have over a 2:1 win loss after over 100 matches. You are not there to get massive damage, you are there to secure kills or components. Also, with your speed, you can get behind or to the side of the enemy and take potshots, forcing them to turn leaving them disordered for your team to fire at their backs. If you can aim well, you can 2 shot lights with ragequits ensuing :D.

6. Reubot

Reubot New Member

Having a lot of fun grinding the chassis xp with this build. 2-3:1 kill ratio, 500+ dmg rounds. Perfectly viable build, if you know what you're doing (some people obviously don't).

7. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

Hopped back in this guy, it wouldn't stop producing. Decent win/loss, consistently in the top damages in team, frequently multiple kills. Even better now with the artillery/airstrike upgrades.

Just scrutinized the actual smury loadout posted, I run the PPCs in separate arms. This mech profits off rarely being the target, so shaving a little armor here and there doesn't bite you in the ass too bad.

[​IMG]

And another just now, 923, 3 kills, several assists.

[img width=700 height=377]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/terto1234/12394k7appcjenner_zps56f57977.png[/img]
    And even on Terra Therma...
    [img width=700 height=359]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/terto1234/D10253k6appcjennerk_zpsc3dc2e01.png[/img]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  8. Jay Z

Jay Z Well-Known Member

Great work Tfun! That's epic damage. I usually go for continual harass and precise components/kills so usually 400-700 damage. I've only been around 1k a couple times. The only reason I put both PPCs in one arm was for convergence which helps in light duels. I've caused other light pilots to ragequit as 2 shots on the CT is 40 damage. After that I chainfire for the finisher. It's hilarious on conquest as you approach a cap point and get the first shot off. Glad to hear your success guys/girls.

9. Neekoli

Neekoli New Member

I have to disagree with Vergere and totally agree with TFun and Jay...this build is all sorts of good. Takes a skilled mouse hand but it wrecks :phear:

10. 00ohDstruct

00ohDstruct New Member

I recently tested this build, and was rather impressed with how well it works. I'm used to playing a Spider with a single ERPPC so maybe this helped with being able to land the shots.

Last match I played with it I won, was last man standing, second highest match score of an 87, 2 kills and 9 assists with 573 dmg.

[​IMG]

And that was on Terra Therma, too! ^_^

*edit: And I have chosen to run PPC's in each arm also. Helps when I pop around a corner I can choose which arm to unload with.

11. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

tried today as it was long time I didn't use Jenner, what a beast, but I use it on the F since I have only that one and Oxide left, with more modules it can just be even better.

5 stars for me.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast