JR7-K Moonsword (1x LLas, 3x MLas, 2x JJ, XL300)

Thread in 'JR7-K' started by epikt, Nov 12, 2013.

1. epikt

epikt Benefactor

It's of course a transposition on a jenner of the well known Moonsword's Death Knell.
    Doable on every jenner chassis (I personally use it on my founder mech for the extra credits), better on the JR7-K to benefit from the 4 modules.

Not much too say, all what has been told about the commando is still true: good mix of range and fire power, decent heat management (better on the jenner), good speed. From the commando we lose the flexibility of the fully actuated arms, but we gain on jump ability. It's also heavilier armored than the commando (almost full armor).

Some might want to try an ERLL.
    I'm not sure you will engage long range enough to justify the global extra heat. Depends on the playstyle I guess. Anyway, the cooling efficiency still will be good I think.

An AMS can easily be mounted by removing a DHS, some armor, a JJ and/or lowering the engine a little (295XL is 0.5t lighter and you lose only 3kph). It's really up to you, but for example:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. Soul King Brook

Soul King Brook New Member

Please put DHS in the egine

3. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

no point, the DHS are crit padding, and they don't boost the DHS installed inside the engine to 2.0

any extra DHS outside the 10 in the engine counts as 1.4, no matter where they are installed.

4. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Exactly. I'm so glad when my arm is shot and I ear "heat sink destroyed" rather than "large laser destroyed".

And if my left arm is completely destroyed, who cares about this 11th DHS? with only 2 MLas left I won't over heat.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast