JR7-K "The Rat Terrier" (1x SRM4, 4x SPLas, 2x JJ, XL300)

Thread in 'JR7-K' started by DeiPax, Sep 10, 2013.

1. DeiPax

DeiPax Junior Member

I have heard people in these forums refer to using Small Pulse Lasers, but unless I missed it, no one has posted their build of these. As you can see, this build is almost identical to Vergere's "Jucie" except that I use all small pulses and have an extra ton of srm ammo.

Why the small pulse lasers over the medium when the medium has 3x longer range and does more damage? Well ... because when moving at high speeds I have a hard time hitting other things that are moving fast, let alone if they are small and are not right next to me. (A limitation of my dexterity)

The medium lasers do 5 points of damage over a 1 second burst ... meaning over the burst period only, you do 5 dps. If you can not hold your target for the entire one second, you do not do full damage. The small pulse laser, however, has a burst of .5 seconds and does 3.4 damage ... its dps is 6.8 and you only have to hold your target for .5 seconds. In addition of the shortened burst, the cool time of the spl is 2.25 vs 3 of the ml. The Spl is a fantastic weapon for dealing with other lights.

It is true .. you have to be close to everything you fire at, but when you are closer, they are larger and easier to hit which is why I needed to increase my srm ammo to 200 (yeah, when you are close to lights, it is very easy to hit with the srm). With this build, I was running out of 25 shots very quickly ... with 200, I can still run out in a longer match.

This build, while best at dueling other lights, can also deal well with larger mechs if you have the ability to move around them and not run into stuff that stops your momentum. If you stop .. chances are you will die.

Why the rat terrier?

The Rat Terrier - The breed name comes from the occupation of its earliest ancestors brought to the US by working class British migrants as these quick, tough little dogs gained their fame in rat pit gambling. However they were, for the most part, bred for speed. Their speed is used for controlling vermin and hunting squirrels, hare, and other small game.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast