RGH-2A "Kapowneck" HGR 3MPL STD280
5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'RGH-2A' started by ShiverMeRivets, Jul 15, 2018.

1. ShiverMeRivets

ShiverMeRivets Well-Known Member

I think that this is perhaps the best carrier of a single HGR. If we have to take STD engine, we may as well make the most of it - RGH-2A gives us 3 laser hard points in the CT and head, so we can lose both STs and still be meaningful on the field. The HGR is mounted very high - perfect for peaking.

This build takes 3 MPLs in the center and leaves the left a dead-side for shielding. The MPLs fire faster than the charging time of the HGR, so you can start wubbing and finish before the HGR recoil kicks in. They are all torso mounted, so you aim enerything together without the need to lock the arms.

Armor quirks + good geometry + dead side + STD engine = excellent survivability!
    HGR+3MPL = 43 PPFLD
    High mounted weapons.
    No heat issues.
    speed > 70 kph (how high depending on skills)

Total:
    _______
    best single-HGR carrier, period.

I love it.

2. Ch_R0me

Ch_R0me Benefactor

5/5,
    So you turned HBK Grid Iron into Heavy Grid Iron. Clever...

3. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

5/5,
    I have only used either this or the LBX20 version on this variant. Both are great and sturdy, except for the low torso pitch making hills your worst enemy. HGR explodes a lot but deals better and more focused dmg than the LBX.

4. ShiverMeRivets

I did not think of it this way... but I think you are right :)
    Well, I'd say it is the oversized bastard child of Grid Iron and YLW...

5. ShiverMeRivets

With the increase of ammo/ton I feel that 5 tons of ammo is too much. Skills add 2 shots per ton, so 4 tons = 28 shots, 700 damage worth.

Also, I tried C.A.S.E and I feel that it did contribute significantly to me surviving the loss of the HGR and keep fighting with the 3 MPLs. With one less ton of ammo and half ton of CASE, the rest goes to increasing the armor to almost max, like so:

If on the other hand you want more speed, you can lower the arm armor and squeeze in an STD290 engine:

Don’t like the CASE? Lose it and go STD295!

If there is any mech in the game that benefits from a standard engine, it is this one.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast