KDK-1 "68" (2xcLPL, 6xcERML, cXL400)
5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'KDK-1' started by dranozir, May 19, 2016.

1. dranozir

dranozir MechSpecs Addict

2. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

This loadout is SO MUCH FUN! It's great!
    Personally, I run everything in the arms symmetrical so I can get at least half my firepower in any situation. Also, having eveything in the arms has been EXTREMELY useful for accurate shots. Lower arm actuators allow you to get a shot on anyone and it's absolutely brilliant against light mechs. You deliver all 68 damage with the scalpel precision.

I also run 1 less DHS for more armor. Plus, the symmetrical version can't fit it with the slots anyway.

I've been thoroughly enjoying this KDK-1/5 build. Feels like a clan BNC-3M! 68 Alpha up to ~400m. All lower arm actuated so you can almost always get shots. The arms are pretty high in actuality and I rarely cannot get a shot, but you still have to position well because it is possible to hit terrain. However, I mostly hit terrain due to how WIDE the arms are, not height. Opposite of the DWF arms for the most part.

Also uses the stock XL400! So it's very fast and cbill efficient.

Lastly 31DHS. This thing runs HOT on an alpha. It cannot fire twice perfectly in a row on most maps without using a coolshot. HOWEVER, the wait time to cooldown is very very short. It's ridiculous. This thing dissipates heat like crazy. It's very common to ride the heat cap, then cooldown for a second so you can shoot the arms. Or you can almost continuously fire the 2x LPL.

This is the only build i've run on the KDK-1 and it gave me ~10 KDR over 30 matches until I had a few terribad teams a few games in a row. The thing is an absolute pleasure to run around in solo queue, and fast enough to keep up in group queue.

Definitely recommend.

dranozir likes this.
  3. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

5/5,
    Extremely fun loadout.

anonymized1 and dranozir like this.
  4. Spazamataz

Spazamataz Junior Member

5/5,
    Not bad at all..
    I did however keep endo-steel so I could swap out the ERML for MPL.
    Runs a little hotter with two less DHS but but a bit more focus dmg
    Loving the fact that your able to make use of your full KDK speed with the Med Las'
    I however think both LPL's belong on the arms for flex.. both on one arm maybe?
    I get it's for a backup zombie mech.. but this doesn't really come into play that much for KDKs

5. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

I hear it's LURMageddon mk7 out there, but I still need to finish mastering my KDKs, so I'm liking this setup. Moreover, as @Solahma stated, everything in the arms and a bit more armor! Plus, with an all laser build, I want that TC1. SO, my thoughts are such;

We'll see how this works after hardly playing at all in months and months!

6. Rosinante

Rosinante Junior Member

i dont know if it´s worth a extra thread so i post it here.
    i had great success with this build.
    i downgraded the LPL´s to LL´s added one MLAS in the Torso removed some Heatsinks and some Armor and putted in a MK6.
    i play with Advanced Zoom and Radar Deprivation and for the Weapons i use ERMLAS Range and ERLLAS Range Module.
    The Medium Lasers have 481M Range and the LL´s 851M atm i did not have a full ranked LL Range Module mine is rank 3 so i think it will be allmost 900 or so
    Weapon Groups:
    1. 2xLL´s with Torso ML
    2. 6xML

Hint: Make sure to have Armlock on for pinpoint Damage

Since Terra Therma is a thing at the moment here is the mk1 version without the Torso Laser but a lot of Heatsinks and allmost full armor

@Cpt Chattahah

When u want to play with LPL u could drop down to a 395 Engine and u can equip 1 Heat Sink more keep the TC1 and up the armor a bit

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast