1. Important News!

MechSpecs is changing owners. Please follow this link for all the details. It also includes a crowdfund, all donations are appreciated!
    Thanks for your attention -- the MechSpecs team.
  2. Welcome to MechSpecs!
    If you enjoy the site, please consider to register an account for free! Get access to our discord channel and the ability to rate/comment on builds you like! If you've already registered, make sure you log in at the top-right corner of the site.
    --Cheers, the MechSpecs Team.

KDK-4 'Clawfinger' (2xcSRM6+A, 2xcUAC10, 4xcSPL, cXL385)

Discussion in 'KDK-4' started by Aylek, May 19, 2016.

1. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

The combination of hardpoints on the KDK-4 are calling to be used in a brawler, and that's what I did here. The build's focus is mirrored by the cooling efficiency as well as it's sustained DPS.

Use your cUACs at range and while closing into your target. Don't hesitate to spam them as ammo should be plenty. Add the other weapons in when in range, the closer you are the more this thing hurts.

Use your arms for shielding and rolling damage. All of your weapons are at a pretty low duration or instant as long as you're not double-tapping the cUACs in an infight.

2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard Space Snob Staff Member

Nice build, my first try also ended up at this. However, I went with the XL375 for the TC1 (increases crits of UACs/SMPLs) and an extra heat sink.

Refreshing to see an XL385. I don't understand the prevalence of XL400s in these mechs. Of course, it's THE FASTEST... but paying 2tons for 0.8 kph and an extra internal heatsink slot (which might not even be used) is just meh.

3. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

Well, the cXL400 is free, maybe that's why?

But I have to say the 400 does work on some builds, I usually use 375.

4. Excalibaard

True, but sell 2 of the 3 XL400s (assuming people bought the pack) and get an XL375 for the money. Then just swap them out when you need to master the other mech. Can't run 3 of them in CW, usually you don't die so fast that you'll be stuck with 2 mechs in game.

5. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

*sigh* Some people are hard on cash/cbills...Not everyone sits on a mountain of cbills like us old players here. I seriously burnt 200mill+ just to play around with Carebears.

6. Excalibaard

hahah, I almost never have more than 5M in my bank ;) Haven't even got more than 3 modules. That's why selling 2 Clan XL 400 is necessary for that strat to work.

7. Aylek

Finally got my hands on the -4, and my obvious first choice was a slightly modified Clawfinger.

3 / 8 basic skills unlocked:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Aylek

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Original version (cXL385), 8/8 basic skills unlocked.

9. Aylek

A little experiment I am looking forward to try... take a look at those sustained DPS!

10. Excalibaard

Made an alternative version with MPL over SPL :)