KGC-000 The Dakka Crab (2xRAC5, 1xMRM40, STD300)

Thread in 'KGC-000' started by AbesolutZERO, May 22, 2018.

1. AbesolutZERO

AbesolutZERO New Member

I currently am running this with 2x MRM 20s due to a lack of c-bills and space at the time, but I'm going to upgrade to the MRM 40 after realizing taking off the one heatsink that kept me from loading it gave me enough room to stick it in when I was trying to find space for more ammo for the old build.

Pack a couple coolant flushes and you can brawl pretty much anything out there. It chews through targets pretty well.

2. anamiac

anamiac Well-Known Member

You have some unused tonnage, and you should always use endo-steel structure over Ferro armor

So if you switch to standard armor, endo steel structure, you can up the size of the engine considerably:

3. AbesolutZERO

AbesolutZERO New Member

Guess I never really understood how much each option saves me. The game never really explained how much weight I actually save.

4. anamiac

anamiac Well-Known Member

On a 100 ton IS mech, Ferro saves something like 2 tons, Endo-Steel saves about 5 tons. Since both take 14 slots, endo-steel is strictly better than Ferro, at least for innersphere. Of course, some mechs can benefit from both.

Clanners usually don't get the option, so I'm not sure how it factors for them.

5. AbesolutZERO

AbesolutZERO New Member

Omnimechs have a pre-set selection of armor type and structure type. And engine type. They can't change it. Regular clan mechs... I'd have to look at my Marauder IIC.

6. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Endosteel takes 14 slots for IS and 7 for clan, it always saves 5% of max total mech weight (so 1t for a 20 tonner, 5t for a 100 tonner) because it reduces the base weight of the mech (without armor and equipment) from 10% max total weight to 5% max total weight.

FerroFibrous armor is different, basically it makes armor lighter so that you can equip more for the same amount of tonnage. IS can equip 12% more per ton for 14 slots (or 6% more for 7 slots with LFF), clans can equip 20% more per ton for 7 slots.

As to how this is even balanced, it's not. Just taken like that from the tabletop game, where mechs were balanced around their cost (FF is much cheaper than ES).

AbesolutZERO likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast