Kodiak.... it's coming

Discussion in 'General MWO Discussion' started by cs_kami, Feb 2, 2016.

1. cs_kami

cs_kami Benefactor

2. Aylek

Aylek Moderator Staff Member

I have to admit I am more than mildly interested here.

This will probably be a very potent brawler considering it's loadout from lore as well as the humanoid shape.

Contrary to the DWF the Kodiak can use it's arms for shielding, and other than with the EXE - which is the single most similar chassis available in the game - we'll be able to downgrade the engine or change other equipment to make room for more potent weapons or much needed DHS as this won't be an omni mech.

ReconSaint likes this.
  3. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Legendary Member

It's scary looking, that's for sure! Plus, the arms aren't gunslinger low. I just don't quite have the nostalgia and excitement for pre-order like other recent releases.

4. cs_kami

cs_kami Benefactor

Depends on price point a bit i think. The single mechs have been kinda expensive... Compared to say Wave I & II, Origins or the Resistance I & II packs.

5. Shock

Shock Benefactor

Price will be the same as the IS Unseen packs

6. HctPeace69

HctPeace69 Well-Known Member

Funny story, my friend and I were on Sarna.net looking at mechs we wanted to see in MWO on Friday, and he gave me a link for the Grizzly. Never seeing it before in my life, I fell in love with it and thought it was an awesome mech, and said this is definitely the one I'd love to see in MWO! Literally hours later it was announced... I was looking at the Town Hall recap on reddit, and saw that they were putting it in! Needless to say I was quite surprised, as the timing of it all is almost unbelievable lol... Do I have some sort of supernatural powers? Do I use them for good or evil? AHHHHH I didn't ask for this gift!

7. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

From what I remember it is illegal to use the wolverine claws as they are made of foam noodles.
    I am surprised to see the Totem mechs though, which clan would be next? jade Wolf maybe?

Don't care about stock loadout, but this thing have 9E2M1B. Basically a super atlas.

Speaking of which, WHERE IS MY ATLAS II???
    Technically IS should have dibs on that too.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    The Verge likes this.
  8. Aramuside

Aramuside Well-Known Member

Not really surprised as its been asked after so many times before. Nice looking mech.

9. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

As I stated on twitter as well. Noone else notice the resemblance to Space Marine Terminator Armor??? :D

10. cs_kami

cs_kami Benefactor

11. HctPeace69

HctPeace69 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Nope... don't see it...

12. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah Staff Member

Hahahahah @cs_kami that made my day!!!!

13. Gneckes31

Gneckes31 Well-Known Member

oooooh I kinda want one. but 100-ton mechs are special beasts.

14. Karl TenBrew

Karl TenBrew Space Pimp

Okay, it's bad enough we've had the Centurion for forever and a day but no option to have a REAL shield arm (claws/talons/smack-stick), but now we ARE getting the Kodiak and no announcement of melee mechanics in MWO? Collision has needed a revamp for DFA anyway, but now we're getting one of the mechs explicitly designed with point-blank mauling paws and no word on how decorative they'll be? I don't normally get on PGI's case for this sort of thing because of the improvements they've been making since shedding IGP (and we DID get a 360 rotation Urbie) but this is juuuuust this side of announcing the hatchet-man and saying "oh btw, still no hatchet". Yes, I realize that by lore the claws are "purely aesthetic"...bite me.

*Face-desk*

Hopefully this means we'll be getting all the Totems in game, but eesh. I'll just have to be satisfied with mauling people in a 100 ton assault that comes with stock Endo-Steel using a C-UAC20 and some SRMs and...that's a lot of lazorz. Never-mind, I'm going to enjoy this a lot, real claws or no.

Close approximation of stock loadout (free tonnage to permit for correct engine and DHS count):

So, it COMES WITH an XL 400, and I can downgrade the engine / add FF / add JJ if I want to? Sign me up!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    Aylek, Gneckes31 and HctPeace69 like this.
  15. SkiDog

SkiDog Moderator Staff Member

Meh! I have no use for a big ass bear.

16. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

Eight medium lasers,... so essentially you can build a VERY big BJ-1X with it? :stig:

17. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

I have to say this:

IT IS A GOOD THING YOU DO NOT MELEE WITH THOSE CLAWS. CLAN MELEES ARE NOT ALLOWED/DESIGNED TO MELEE.

So, technically you should not melee with those? I mean, for Kerensky's sake those clows can be made of tin foil. This is a clan mech, and clan mech DO NOT DO MELEE ATTACK. And those claws ARE NOT MELEE WEAPON!

But Yeah, Would love to see CN9 going melee, or some hatchetmen.

18. Azakael

Azakael Advanced Member

If they put in melee and redesigned the Yen-Lo-Wang to actually have the Hatchet it's supposed to? Yeah, I'd be happy.
    As for me? I want a Berserker. And I'll even keep the damn flamer in the head. Because a 100 ton fire-breathing 'Mech would be awesome to run at someone. Especially once you smack them with the hatchet.

19. Aylek

Aylek Moderator Staff Member

20. Karl TenBrew

Karl TenBrew Space Pimp

Niiiiice. For the RL money, I'm thinking Collector's package then stop...the Hero is nice, and the reinforcements are nice, but I'm not feeling "extra $60" out of that. No extra cockpit items, warhorns, modules, C-Bills, or Premium Time? I'll wait to buy the reinforcements when they release and Hero when it goes on sale. That said, the Spirit Bear looks like a special kind of nasty. At first glance I thought it was just a downgrade of the 1 (less energy hardpoints), but looking at it thoroughly it is MASC capable and gains those two missile hardpoints. Then again, it's probably going to cost 7500 MC or more when it hits, so even on sale would be 3750 MC or 4875 MC depending on 50/35% sales, which is at least $12.5 or $16.25 anyway after buying MC on sale...crap, this may be a Hero add-on I get just to get it early.