1. Welcome to MechSpecs!
    If you enjoy the site, please consider to register an account for free! Get access to our discord channel and the ability to rate/comment on builds you like! If you've already registered, make sure you log in at the top-right corner of the site.
    --Cheers, the MechSpecs Team.

Kodiak.... it's coming

Discussion in 'General MWO Discussion' started by cs_kami, Feb 2, 2016.

1. The Verge

The Verge Administrator Staff Member

Also, take note of which Kodiak doesn't have Hand Actuators, there is only one. That thing will be an interesting variant to own.

2. Karl TenBrew

Karl TenBrew Space Pimp

As a point of order: no one (nor their grandmother) will be able to run 4x LRM 20, much less +A. 3 of those hardpoints are in the same ST, so even downgrading to a STD won't cut it, and one is in the CT...2 slots max. The most raw tubes would be 75, the most +A tubes would be 55. That said...you can expect to see both on the battlefield, as Durandal so aptly put, because n00bz and idiots.

Hold the phone, you're telling me that people have been griping about it as if it were an omni WITHOUT CHECKING? This would have been excusable before the IIC collection, when all Clan-tech in game was Omni-tech, but now you're telling me that nerds on the interwebz didn't even bother to check Sarna to see whether the Kodiak was Omni or Standard? Actually, now that I think about it, I'm more concerned that the BT ultra-fans didn't just remember it offhand. Either way! Unaccept, a bull, sir.

Gneckes31 likes this.
  3. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

You want 4x cLRM20? Why?

Too quirk reliant... But a 100 ton missile boat... really?
    Even with the 2x UAC10 it is a bit outgunned (I assume you would upgrade the guns, right?).

Maybe This (3x cERLL, 2x cUAC10, 2x cLRM15+A, TAG, cAP, XL375)

Fuck Yeah! Was thinking about that ... and wubs too.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  4. cs_kami

cs_kami Benefactor

I'm looking forward to quad UAC5 this big bear 3... Speaking of the MW2 intro video, i was expecting one to come with JJs and ECM.
    And very sad that it has less armor than the atlas, that i missed earlier on.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  5. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

Try 4x cUAC10 (or 4x cAC10 if you hate heat).

6. Solahma

Solahma Space Pimp

KDK-5 can run:
    • STD295
    • 4x Gauss
    • 9t ammo
    • Endo+Ferro
    • Zero slots left
    • ~500 out of 614 armor
    You could drop even more armor for STD300, but the speed is almost no different.

[​IMG]

7. cs_kami

cs_kami Benefactor

I did 4cUAC10s with a direwolf, not a fan actually. Too slow to reload compared to the cUAC5. The dakka is a factor... people fear the dakka

@Solahma - what? no backup weapons???

8. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

I actually like how people do not fear it... You fire it twice at some CT, then doubletap as much as much as you like, and most likely something falls missing if they are standing, and they do not even notice until their betty is screaming dead.

9. Gneckes31

Gneckes31 Well-Known Member

You can still only charge a maximum of two Gauss rifles at the same time however.

10. Solahma

Solahma Space Pimp

yeah, so you charge left, fire, charge right, fire. Still insane back-to-back FLD from extreme range. Also MUUUUUUCH higher mounted than the DWF could ever hope to run quad gauss. No wasted tonnage on extra DHS as well.

11. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Some of the variants will get their XL400 replaced by something like 350 sized engines immediately, which alone frees up 11t to work with. Fear the Kodiaks!

12. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Legendary Member

I don't get the hate for the KDK-1. I'm thinking of getting the Collector's just because I like the hard points over the Spirit Bear's and would prefer the C-Bill boost in the KDK-1 (S). 9x Energy, with a Ballistic and Missile hard point and people are ragging on it? I don't understand. I'd much prefer that to 4x Missile and only 2x Energy. Even with an XL400 and MASC, 4x SRM6+A is kinda rough as a main weapon system on 100t. That's the reason I never clicked with Atlases. I'd rather have more energy. SO! KDK-1 (S) it is!

However, the Spirit Bear's camo is siiiiiick!

Aylek likes this.
  13. Solahma

Solahma Space Pimp

That's a TBR brawler... with a big ballistic added.... with a lot more armor.... burst running FASTER than a TBR (potentially)....

This thing will be feared for it's speed and synergy with brawl decks alone.

Cpt Chattahah likes this.
  14. Cpt Chattahah

Done. (Screw the reinforcements. Just redundancy. If 9 energy hard points isn't enough, 11 will only bake me!)

15. Cpt Chattahah

Not saying it doesn't have it's place! It's potential is outstanding (especially with it's speed) I'd just prefer the KDK-1 (S) load out for my C-Bill earner.

16. Solahma

Solahma Space Pimp

KDK-5 (reinforcement) can run 11x ERML, XL400, and like... THIRTY FIVE heatsinks.... LUL. It's going to be toasty, but cooldown so flippin fast!

I'm looking into a 2x LPL, 8x ERML build now.

17. Gneckes31

Veeeeerry tempted now to just go BUY EVERYTHING MUAHAHAHA!!.. erm sorry.

18. Solahma

Solahma Space Pimp

Yeah, ran out of slots and have spare tonnage with 11x ERML. Could only fit 32DHS and have 5 tons floating... Probably just make it 6x ERML and 5x MPL with that... yeah! fits perfect

So that's the KDK-5 with:
    • XL400
    • 6x ERML
    • 5x MPL
    • 32 DHS (16 engine)
    • 592/614 armor
    :O

[​IMG]

19. HctPeace69

HctPeace69 Well-Known Member

The Kodiak page on mwomercs only shows 560 armor

20. Gneckes31

That's only the stock armor though. You can always add more (given you have the weight).