Kodiak.... it's coming

Discussion in 'General MWO Discussion' started by cs_kami, Feb 2, 2016.

1. P

P Well-Known Member

Don't mind me I'm just salty

2. Tarriss Halcyon

Tarriss Halcyon Junior Member

LRM Kodiak is a waste of a Kodiak. I can argue LRM Atlas has a place in MWO - and that place is 300-500m away from the front line, so just outside of SRM range; lobbing LRMs and Large Laser shots into thick enemy numbers. Mostly; I say this because Atlas has a fairly substantial amount of front armor and internal health to back it up; all thanks to quirks.

LRMs on a King Crab or Dire Wolf also makes sense... as a tertiary weapon system. I run a 2x Gauss, 2xMPL, 2xSPL, LRM15 Dire Wolf from time to time -stock omnipod Prime. The LRMs can help me do damage when a fight is over a ridge, or while I'm closing the gap but can't see the target to fire Gauss.

LRMs on a Kodiak is just... no.

3. Aramuside

Aramuside Advanced Member

Been there done that. ;)

TBH I don't see LRM's have any more place on a DWF or KCB than a Kodiak. In all three cases the only reason people use them seems to be to token farm assists. There's so much more they can do....

4. P

P Well-Known Member

aye
    DWF fares better in dakkas and all its glory
    while KCB rather just go 4srms6 to massive impact,
    leave the 4 lrm15s to the awesome which has quirks for it

5. Aramuside

Aramuside Advanced Member

Though interestingly with the new quirk system we'll presumably see more 100 ton lrm boats and nicely quirked. ;)

6. Remover of Obstacles

Remover of Obstacles Benefactor

Will that world of 100 ton LuRM Boats with skill trees built all around maxing missile velocity exclusively exclude Radar Dep?

I hope that seismic and radar derp will still be available together in the possible future missile skill tree apocalypse.