KTO-18 "Heavy Bomber" (2x LRM20, 2x MLas, BAP, XL255)

Thread in 'KTO-18' started by Cthulu Jr., Nov 20, 2013.

1. Cthulu Jr.

Cthulu Jr. Well-Known Member

Why aren't there more long range builds in the KTO-18 category?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

I would move that LRM ammo out of the CT and into the legs. CT is never a good place to keep ammo, especially on the Kintaro. They may have improved the CT hitbox, but it is still one of the first things to lose armor in most of my matches. Let's avoid getting taken out early from a crit-CT ammo explosion ;)

Although it might sound hypocritical, you have the option to put your BAP into the CT after you move the ammo out. Even though the CT gets hit hard, I think your BAP is still safer there then in a side torso.

I'm contemplating picking up a KTO-18 again. I've been running the -19 and -20 with ERLLas to much success, completely ignoring missile slots. Maybe if I combine the two for some well-rounded long-range support?

or a bit more light defense if they come pester you.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  3. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

I think the ammo in the CT is fine. It's the second (after head) from where the ammo is used, to he should be fine.

4. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Not enough ammo. LRM40 with under 100 is a bit tight. You have 22 shots or so only.
    As for LRM ammo in CT, it should be fine. It is an LRM boat, he should be in second line to start with, by the time he is in contact he should be half done with those LRM ammo and the CT one would be used up.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast