KTO-19 Light Hunter General (1x LPLas, 2x MPLas, 4x SSRM2, AMS, BAP, XL280)

Thread in 'KTO-19' started by TheWatchman, Oct 13, 2013.

1. TheWatchman

TheWatchman Dispossessed

A special purpose build, utilising Pulse Lasers and Streak SRMs. Although the LPLas is considerably heavier than a third MPLas and only does an extra four points of damage, the extra range improves the builds engagement profile.

An alternative set-up involves dropping the second ton of AMS ammo and upgrading the LPLas to a PPC. The spare tonnage can be used along with a reduction in armour to increase the engine to an XL300:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Starting off with a 2LPL 4LRM5 build I eventually also ended up at this build.

Once I get around to Kintaro's I'll let you know how it goes, but I'd personally run one more ton of SSRM ammo, or swap that ton for a DHS in the engine, because the wub wubs bring a lot of heat.

Also a tip for people that want to try out suboptimal 2LPL builds: 2ML deal the same damage at the same cooldown, heat and range as 1 LPL, for 5 tons less and a bit longer burn time. If you can mount 2 energy weapons or 1 LPL, go for 2 ML.

Here's the variant I'm going to use once I dislike MPLs again for their abysmal range:

3. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Very close to S7's line of thinking, but, with this massive mech, I do like having the AMS, so, XL295 it is! :D

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast