La Malinche "Mictlantecuhtli" (1x AC20, 1x LRM20+A, 4x MLas, STD340)

Thread in 'La Malinche' started by Clown Prince, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Clown Prince

Clown Prince New Member

1) I've tried a few builds so far and this is the most fun I've had with it:

For the weapon groups I have the lasers and AC 20 grouped together and the LRM-20's on their own. The name is the Aztec God of Death, seems appropriate :p I also changed the paint job so it's black and white. Seems more menacing.

This is my first attempt at making a mech build so it's almost certainly a) sub-optimal or b) complete pants. But I figured I'd share it anyway! Any thoughts appreciated!

ADMIN EDIT: Only ONE build per thread please. Also, please follow the proper naming format for each build.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  2. Clown Prince

Clown Prince New Member

Having played around with builds some more my fave is actually this:

Much epic death :p

3. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

How are your weapon groups on this as that's a lot of different weapon systems.... o_O

4. Clown Prince

Clown Prince New Member

On the second one? I have it set up so like this:

Group One: 2 x medium lasers, SRM 6-A, LBX10 - I use this for close quarter brawling (15-18% heat per use with 3 second cool down to 0%)

Group Two: 2 x large lasers, LBX10 - this one for more distanced fighting but good up close too (18-23% heat per use with just over 4 second cooldown to 0%)

I've only ran it six times so far but I'm averaging almost three kills a game with it (more than the previous build). The speed seems to make a big difference to me. I'm sure more skilled players won't need it though. I also found that the XL engine makes zero difference in terms of center torso integrity.

As a final note for the weapon groupings this thing seems to run fairly cool with all basic skills unlocked. I can fire constantly for close to ten seconds before I need to pause, so it really spits out damage.

5. Strychnine

Strychnine Active Member

Great build. I play it similar to my Boar's Head :)

6. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

As tempting as the XL is I'm surprised you're surviving as those side torso's look huge from the pictures. One of the few strengths I can see for the mech is that you can standard engine while maintaining an "acceptable" speed and have weaponry spread around so you lose sections and can still fight. I can't get past that my pop tarts would love meeting the LM with an XL. :phear:

7. Clown Prince

Clown Prince New Member

Thanks Strychnine! I'm having a lot of fun with it.

@ Remarius, yeah to be honest that was one of the main things that appealed to me about this mech the first time I saw it. I didn't even try the XL engine when I got it, but switched to a largish STD. Whilst I did do damage with it there were times when I felt exposed (if my team mates moved off without me).

As strange as it sounds I actually feel more confident brawling with the XL 400 than I did with a variety of STD's. I also survive a lot longer which I attribute to the fact that I can get out fast if need be. In terms of going toe to toe with another assault again I've found that the XL makes limited difference (if any) to survivability.

Maybe I've just been getting lucky but so far I'd highly recommend the XL 400 (as much as I wanted to keep the AC 20). It allows you to deal massive damage with the ability to get out if things get too tough (and also to respond quickly to developing situations). Just my thoughts on it but again I'm far from super skilled :)

8. Morbiluk

Morbiluk New Member

Um.. sorry to dissapoint http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Malinche

9. Clown Prince

Clown Prince New Member

The name of my build is 'Mictlantecuhtli' (see topic) who was the Aztec God of Death and the Underworld ;)

10. Clown Prince

Clown Prince New Member

One more build :p

For this one I have the 4 x ML and SRM 6+A in group one and the Gauss Rifle in group two. Gauss provides excellent long range viability and the ML + SRM's perfect for brawling (with Gauss fire cycled in too). This runs ridiculously cool, I don't think I've overheated once with it. And I tried it in several Terra Therma brawls.

I really like all three builds and definitely feel like the Banshee is a unique and interesting mech. It's definitely a lot of fun to play once you find a fighting style with it suited to your own.

11. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny MechSpecs Addict

I can't rate this thread as it has multiple build, even in the first post. Which build am I rating?

12. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Since he is new I have adjusted his subject and thread content to reflect site policy.

13. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny MechSpecs Addict

Thank you Grimm..

With rating just the build in the OP I'd say it's fairly average. I would suggest dropping down to a Standard 325, add a BAP, and another DHS and a ton of LRM ammo. I've found 3 tons is about the right spot for a LRM 20 to be effective for the entire match. I'd also never run LRM's with out a BAP as you need it to keep ECM light from completely shutting you off, and it's lock time increase is huge.

14. ProtoformX

ProtoformX Active Member

There is no lock time increase from BAP. There is from Artemis though.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast