LCT-1V Baby Dakka (1x AC2, XL170)
3/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'LCT-1V' started by epikt, Oct 18, 2013.

1. epikt

epikt Benefactor

[​IMG]

It's actually only half a troll build.
    Not that I'd claim it's a great build (with paper armor and 300 max dmg, I would not dare), but it's better than I though it would be. Quite difficult to play though, you need to be very careful not to stay too static.

I'm working on a variant with a backup weapon (it's annoying when you're arm is taken off), but it forces you to lower the engine and the armor:

or

Might need speed tweak to make those work...

edit: Changing back to single heatsinks (as posted in #3) is actually not a good deal. The good thing about this bug is you can fire at will, with single HS you can't any more - in the end I felt I was firing less than when I was 100% ammo limited.

edit (January 27th 2015): for the Pirate's bane ECM variant by Vergere, follow the link.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  2. epikt

epikt Benefactor

How comes it only gets 1 star when the LBX10 variant with no armor, no ammo and no speed gets 2?
    Come on guys, it's the funniest locust I ever piloted, and it's not that useless:

(I believe it's the first time I have 3 kills in a locust)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  3. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

Nice Video, and I love how there is 2 tons of ammo in this little mech. If only it had ECM!!!

4. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Two tons is a minimum (in the video, I finish the game with only one shell left!), I wish I was able to load three. And mount a laser too. And you're right, ECM would be very nice!
    The mech only weight 20t, no matter how I tweak it will always be weaker than a raven or, if you really want ECM, a cicada, both mechs where you easily can mount an AC/2, with better armor and maybe even speed. :(
    But it's for fun.

I thought about the laser variant again: my first builds posted don't use the fero-fibrous armor for lack of slots, but if I use standard heat-sinks I can do the armor upgrade, for a better armor rating (well, "better", 9 more points!). Dissipation will of course be less effective, but at 33% it should be manageable.
    I'm still waiting for the speed tweak to test those slow variants, but here how it would look:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  5. epikt

epikt Benefactor

I know it's crap, but damn I love this mech :)
    Can wait for the speed tweak (= backup laser) though, the ammo limitation is annoying. But still, I just played a game and dealt 238dmg (~80% accuracy, not bad), with 2 kills!

[​IMG]

Of course, I finished the game like this:

[img width=419 height=233]http://i.imgur.com/KCIPKN2.jpg[/img]

And with no ammo :(

6. the draconian

the draconian Junior Member

I will try this out next chance I get. I enjoy my Autocannons (especially the AC2) and this might be the build I go with for my Locust-1V. I just need to snag the XL170 (I have the 190) and dust off a spare AC2. Here is to good hunting.

7. epikt

epikt Benefactor

I forgot to give my though about the variant with backup weapons.
    Changing back to single heatsinks (as posted in #3) is actually not a good deal. The good thing about this bug is you can fire at will, with single HS you can't any more - in the end I felt I was firing less than when I was 100% ammo limited.
    So better go for the DHS variants, even if it means less armor.

8. Opic

Opic New Member

3/5,
    I say if you like it's play style and it's getting you kills then its effective enough in my opinion. Nice idea :)

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast