LCT-1V "Mobile Gun" (1x ERLLas, 2x MG, XL180)
4.5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'LCT-1V' started by focuspark, Oct 16, 2013.

1. focuspark

focuspark Active Member

Role is simple: stay back 500 - 1000 meters and use the ER Large Laser to harass targets at range. Machine Guns are there to help clean up once the opposing force has most of its armor removed.

Updated with a XL180 engine per recommendation

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Max.Armor on Legs pls.. and go XL180! Same Weight! Besides you can save the Costs for DHS.. still 50% Cool Efficiency. However a great Weaponloadout!

3. Yalk

Yalk New Member

Felt strong enough about this to register and post, haven't up till now due to sheer unbridled lazy

I've actually had pretty good luck with this...your strong enough to open up amour and have the range to hang back...really no different than the build listed previously. However, speed is a foundation of the Locust, I don't believe it should be sacrificed for any reason. Armour? maybe, your already squishy...but not from the center or side torsos or legs.

The arms have an alarmingly small amount of armour I know, but its enough to stop glancing laser sweeps, expect to lose at least one...having them weak I've found is actually an asset...I've had spiders take my arms not realizing I didn't really care, then I legged and cored them.

The DHS are optional of course...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015
  4. focuspark

focuspark Active Member

Good call on the engine. DHS is there because the ER-LL is HOT. I've frequently found myself in a position where my only limitation on sniping some distracted assault is my heat level. Without DHS this is a problem.

5. enileph

enileph Star Lord

You get 5/5 if you use an XL180.
    Probably the best build for this variant.

6. focuspark

focuspark Active Member

Good call, done! :D

7. kaozer

kaozer New Member

i run something very similar on this build except it goes like this

i feel like the second machinegun is not worth reducing the engine/armor and its not like having 2 MG is that much more effective than one...

8. Todo Ringman

Todo Ringman Junior Member

Well I personally would go with an xl290 max armor all them upgrades max mguns and at least 1small laser if not a ml.

9. Todo Ringman

Todo Ringman Junior Member

Like this,

10. seraphim-raphael

seraphim-raphael Junior Member

5/5,
    Best post-quirk-loudout you can pilot. I like Blagg Zears Version with DHS. The ERLL-Cooldown is extremly short, DHS are a must have now^^

11. SirBurntChicken

SirBurntChicken Well-Known Member

4/5,
    Best build for this mech really. In a long match you can actually do decent damage, but it's more of a harasser than anything else and a fun one at that.

12. Inveramsay

Inveramsay New Member

The burn time of that ERLL is brilliant but it means SHS are completely useless now. I run mine with 2xMG, ERLL and XL190 but with only 1k ammo. Your role is to stay back anyway so the drop in ammo isn't noticeable

Tekran likes this.
  13. SirBurntChicken

SirBurntChicken Well-Known Member

I only run with half a ton too and don't really remember running out, though I'm sure I have. The erll is really amazing, but there is only one. My highest damage was 609 and that was on Alpine which is perfect for this mech. Most matches, even good ones, I only do up to the 300's. I would shrug the 1V off as fun but pointless except...

...it's a super mobile heavy laser. You can hit most things you can see and that means you can skirmish from any area or distance. Keep your distance and MOVE! Short range maps hurt this thing but in those you simple have to make yourself hard to hit or not the obvious thing to hit.

Tekran likes this.
  14. Big Rico

Big Rico Active Member

I ran with no MG's, but full heatsinks for that ER Large. Can also do this with an XL190 if you don't mind having no armor in the arms. But then again, you need all the armor you can get with this mech ;)

15. Tekran

Tekran New Member

I'd have to agree with Inveramsay and SirBurntChicken, XL190, 2 MG, 1/2 ton of MG ammo is the way to go. If you're close enough to burn through 1 ton of ammo on this build, you're too close. The tiny extra oomph moving from a XL180 to XL190 (and your speed tweak) may be enough to get away from those short-range lights that eat tiny ostridges for breakfast.

16. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Slowly warming up to these little bugs.

[​IMG]

17. anonymized1

anonymized1 Dispossessed

Mine are still in the garage sitting there neglected.... I just can't find a place for them in my rep. The only lights I've been able to run effectively have been Ravens

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast