LCT-3M Penta The Bite! (5x MLas, XL190)
5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'LCT-3M' started by ZeProme, Oct 15, 2013.

1. ZeProme

ZeProme Junior Member

First build-post in this forum, I was just tinkering with the Locust Chassis which are painfully hard to build because of their low tonnage. XL190, IMO, is a definite must for the Locust chassis as it's needed to attain the highest speed in this game. It's also one of the strong attributes of this chassis.

LCT-3M, IMO, would likely be the best variant since you can afford more weapon loadout and have an extra AMS giving you more versatile builds. (Energy is usually light... compare the LCT-1V with the LCT-3M)

Needless to say, MLas are obviously the best weapon in this game for their usage and properties. So, why not just cram all of that into this variant. :p

Hope this build helps!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

I would have posted this my-self, but I don't have the c-bills to make it :p

3. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Done this. Almost a jenner, no JJ, much less armor, less Las, but DARN THIS IS FAST!!!
    Totally worth it.
    Still like the S type a bit more though... more fun.

4. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

I found this mech WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too hot considering you don't know if you are gonna end up on Mordor or Caustic. Also why put this build on a mech that is designed to function as an AMS support vehicle? Why try and be a Jenner when there already IS a Jenner?

It's an average build leaning towards good but in my eyes its a 3/5.

5. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Because Jenners do not run at 170+ mph!
    I am mixing SPLas with MLas and testing, see if I find a good balance point.

6. ZeProme

ZeProme Junior Member

Speed and weaponry :p

Got to go fast and perform skirmishes. :p

I'm inexperienced in developing builds so I honestly don't know if this build is even good. I just, try to stuff as much stuff in like my Jenner. :blush:

7. DeckOfManyThings

DeckOfManyThings New Member

This is by far my favorite. I ran 4 Mediums and a Tag helping out my LRM buddies, but when I realized I could go 5x Medium I was overjoyed. I was told I would overheat in one alpha, but the first map was Mordor and I did just fine.

When you get a heat level warning, that's when you use your evasion and speed to bug out and cool off. Takes discipline to not go for the kill, but worth it.

8. ArsenicForHealth

ArsenicForHealth Junior Member

*For the record, this was done without artillery or air strikes.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  9. John McFianna

John McFianna Active Member

Tried that, but waaay to hot.
    I took out 2 M-Laser, and putted in 2 more DHS, so you still can alpha out 15 damage but much better heat management.

10. The Verge

5/5,
    Mastered my 3M with this basic loadout. I changed the engine, and used dual AMS to help my team members

11. The Verge

12. Tollas669

Tollas669 Active Member

5/5,
    Still a good and fun build to play definately recommended.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast