LCT-3S "Mr., Sr." (3x SRM2, 1xMRM10, 1xERSLas, XL170)

Thread in 'LCT-3S' started by Michael Swiderski, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Michael Swiderski

Michael Swiderski New Member

A bit fragile. Works better, of course, after skilling up (armor, cooldowns/missile-crits, mobility).
    Slow for a locust. Stay behind friendlies until the battle starts, zoom in and zoom out.

2. Dagonus

Dagonus Moderator Staff Member

How do you handling the discrepancy of the MRMs and SRMs? it seems to me that you'd be better served with all of one or all of the other.

3. Michael Swiderski

Michael Swiderski New Member

I did a two mrm10 thing, but the reload is slow, and the stream-shot of mrm's is clumsy for a locust. But that loadout did seem to do good for getting critical hits on exposed stuff.

Having the one mrm and the ersmall gives a little range. Srm2 has faster reload.
    I keep all the missles chain-fired on firing-group1, ersmall on group2, alpha on group 3, and solo mrm on group 4.
    If I can't zoom in cuz it is too dangerous, I can still step to the side of a friendly and support their fire, some. Or the mrm can function a bit more like suppression fire.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  4. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

Stripped armor on torsoes / legs means easier death on any light, with the only exceptions from those very few builds meant to exploit poking with huge alfa, overall same range and little exposure. With MRMs, you have neither: kinda long face time and little alfa strike at range due to mixed weapons. Even assuming you won't get caught at range, I don't see the point to use only 1 MRM10 at range and deal the same amount of damage with better DPS and accuracy at close range... When mixing weapon ranges, the lighter the mech is, the worse it will be.

Keep also in mind that usage of any missile for crit-seeking is actually debatable: you get a bonus on damage (not crit chance) only thanks to node skills and you have a weapon that spreads damage by design...

If you really want to fit MRMs on a locust, this is the only thing that I can come up with: similar potential damage, same speed, better armor. Heat shouldn't be an issue since you have quirks for heat gen and heat dissipation.

Overall, the best light tactic is to always attack on the back bigger mechs, so you should always flank, no matter what. If you really want to help without the need of flanking, you should heavily focus on alpha strike (e.g.: 3xLL wolfhound. Kinda hot, but good alfa, good precision and somewhat good range)

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast