LCT-3S "The Plague" (4x SRM2, XL190)

Thread in 'LCT-3S' started by PyckenZot, Nov 7, 2014.

1. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

As a true harbinger of death this little squishy plague runs around the battlefield culling out the weak and sickly. It eliminates the wounded, separated from the herd, it punishes those whose bloodlust have clouded their senses. It relieves those having been crippled by the fiery death from above from their misery.

It dies with the very first mistake it makes,...

[​IMG]

Remarius likes this.
  2. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Unfortunately very low on ammo.
    Have you considered lowering the engine?

3. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Taking just 3 SRM2 and adding a single MLas while keeping the ammo count should do the trick.

Remarius and epikt like this.
  4. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Yeah I defaulted to that setup when levelling my Locusts and its highly effective even pre quirk. A locust w/o speed is dead and only 1 of mine ended up as sub 190xl ... and that was 180xl.

5. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Should have said - grats on 5 kills in a locust though. ;)

PyckenZot and Tulip Lee like this.
  6. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

It is a tee bit low on ammo yet just enough if you have decent trigger control. In essence only shoot when you know you'll hit, don't waste ammo on fresh enemies and don't go light hunting. (I suck with MLs on Locusts,...)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  7. nopempele

nopempele New Member

I chose XL 180 for additional ammo. This mech can be really dangerous.
    [​IMG]

8. SirBurntChicken

SirBurntChicken Well-Known Member

With the quirks this goes through ammo like crazy. If you're very conservative and careful 2.5 tons of ammo will last the match. To do that I suggest only shooting at bigger mechs and to shoot for the torso unless the legs or arms have already lost armor to minimize misses from small and fast moving targets. If you have to take a shot from a distance or at a fast mech only fire one or two of the launchers. This is not a light hunting mech. Remember too that SRM's are slow so get as close as you can. Finally, remember the Locust is the sir Robin of mechs. Bravely run away. Unless you're the last mech and the enemy still has 12 mechs left. Than it's time to die bravely ;).

9. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Personally, 2,5t wasnt even enough for 3 SRM2s, let alone for 4 SRM2s. I'm giving up a little bit of burst, but SRM2s are more of a sustained fire weapon anyway. I tried the variant from the comments, but I'll generally get more damage out of an extra ton of SRM2 ammo than I'd get from 1 ML, and this allows me to turn away faster as I don't need to wait on ML duration!

Built it like this and have been having decent success with it and I love playing it!:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

I don't always drive a LCT-3S,... but when I do, people notice:
    [​IMG]

Excalibaard and Shock like this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast