Looking for an image hosting site.

Thread in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by anonymized1, Aug 1, 2016.

1. anonymized1

anonymized1 Dispossessed

Since I couldn't justify the cost any longer, I had to take down my photography site with just about everything I've ever posted on here.
    Any thoughts on a free one? I'm looking for a lot of suggestions since I'd like to find one that will be work firewall friendly.

Thanks,
    .:The Ski Dog:.

2. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

3. enileph

enileph Star Lord

imgur.com
    Make albums.

Excalibaard likes this.
  4. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

I agree on imgur. I originally used photobucket, but that site is real shyte,...

ReconSaint and Excalibaard like this.
  5. Shock

Shock Patron of the Underdog Staff Member

I use Flickr but it's really low volume and just for image linking so I couldn't say much about its features

6. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Same as Pyckenzot here, Photobucket is annoying, Imgur is really handy. And you don't have to make your albums public.

7. undeadmith

undeadmith Junior Member

deviantart maybe

Riscy likes this.
  8. anonymized1

anonymized1 Dispossessed

Imgur is good, but unfortunately I don't have access at work.... never thought about Deviantart isn't a bad Idea... it isn't blocked by the firewall at work, and it is more fitting with my artistic side.

9. anonymized1

anonymized1 Dispossessed

May still do an imgur account also.

10. rjbass3

rjbass3 Well-Known Member

Imgur and DeviantArt are both fantastic.

11. Flokoloko

Flokoloko Advanced Member

Can anyone tell me whats the problem with photobucket? I use it (only for MWO Screenshots) and so far I have no problems.

12. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Photobucket tends to bring people to their site more often than just sharing the image itself. You can still do that similarly with imgur, but it's A LOT less obnoxious.

Imgur is easily the best hosting site i've used. Extremely simple, free, practical no limit to the amount of images, easy albums, and best of all: extremely easy image and/or album sharing. Oh, and they have a video-to-gif tool. Lots of good, intuitive, and useful features.

Photobucket is garbage in comparison, but it takes using something like imgur religiously to come to that realization.

Flokoloko likes this.
  13. anonymized1

anonymized1 Dispossessed

I'm liking Deviant..... seems more geared towards artists which is my purpose anyway.

14. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Stop playing around and get to work, Ski! ;)

anonymized1 likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast