MAL-1P "The Plasma Lance" (2x PPC, 2x AC2, 2x LRM5, STD300)

Thread in 'MAL-1P' started by Mad Raven, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Mad Raven

Mad Raven New Member

So hello again Mechwarrior,

i like to introduce you my attempt to make the best out off the MAL-1P PPC Quirks. In the last days i tinkered a lot on this build and tested it in many battles with a surprising effort. I'm normally not a friend of PPCs, but they are working very fine in combination with this mech and his quirks. It's not so easy to overheat this build, and even in real hot areas you can fire and fire and fire your PPCs.

So as my other builds, this one looks not really amazing, but it is a build that works effective. Effective in staying alive and stand your man, making the best out of the quirks and the mech, and dealing a lot of damage over time. No Alpha spam, no XL Engine usage, nothing that reduces your Survival Time on battlefield.

The Pros are the coolness of the PPCs. The AC2s make people think on impact and with that fast rate of fire, the can really fast finish up wounded mechs. At last, the LRM5 are for indirect fire and ... the big point ... they reducing the big "donkey ears" of the maule, so your Opponents have it harder to hit your side torsos instead of the huge LRM hardpoints. I found out, that is a real weak spot of the mauler and a great and easy sign for your opponents to aiming you there.

That's all folks. Feel free to make commends.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast