Casual MCII-B "Hell Kitty" (2xcLPL, 2xcUAC10, 2xcUAC5, XL300)

Thread in 'MCII-B' started by Remover of Obstacles, May 6, 2020.

1. So this takes the meta build and makes it hotter, slower and it has less ammo.

The upside is 24 more damage in the initial alpha and back up weapons if you lose your arms (which happens fairly often). If you do catch someone flat-footed and turned the wrong way, you can end their match early.

General rule of thumb is to only use the 2x LPL on the opening shot. You should have enough heat for sustained UAC fire only. If you jam everything, then maybe fire the LPLs.

Trial Run
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  2. imhoopjones

imhoopjones New Member

I'm pretty new to the game and have been enjoying this mech as a good rounded mech.

However, I know the old "guide" and build for this mech is pretty old by now. I get the sneaking feeling that while still solid, the 2x2 UAC build may have fallen off a bit in terms of power. I can do good damage throughout the match but I feel more like I am peppering mechs over time and not easily dealing enough component lethal damage when push comes to shove.

It's quite hard to know what changes were made to know if a build is still relevant.

Do you think that adding some extra weapons is necessary to keep this loadout """"competitive""" (I don't mean like tier 1 I just mean keeping it up with other mech changes and updates..)

Remover of Obstacles likes this.
  3. First off welcome and the MCIIs sit a good place for fire power without completely dumping mobility.

You hit the nail on the head. The UAC5s and UAC10s have different velocities and different amounts of rounds fired with each trigger pull. That spreads the damage all over and doesn't get lethal unless the target isn't moving/twisting. At the end of the match you are still getting more c-bills and more upward tier movement with the higher overall damage. Now if you team covers you as the slower sub 60 kph assault and you focus fire, the extra damage will help open up mechs, destroy components, secure kills, and win the game. That tends to be a big "if" without a preformed team.

The typical meta build with 2xUAC5s and 2xUAC10s is very solid on it's own. No back up weapons are really necessary. The tonnage for the back up weapons takes away from speed/mobility which is a pretty big deal now. With typical quick play and premade teams in quick play, we are seeing more and more fast mechs on the field then ever before (my opinion - your mileage may vary). Back up weapons or not, a team of 4x Fleas, Piranhas, Wolfhounds, Vulcans, Assassins, Arctic Wolves, Linebackers, etc. will eat up the last assault in line. Cruising in the upper 60s kph with speed tweak can help make sure that you are not the last in line or get you out of the path that the wolf packs typically take.

Now if you want to throw on two mediums or lighter lasers, go for it.

If you find in your typically matches that you are not getting caught out of position without speed tweak and you have extra heat left over, you could try adding more weapons and see if there is a sweet spot for extra damage. Two LPLs is a lot of heat that this build can not sustain. One LPL or two MPLs would be easier to fit and could be used a lot more often.

Tip: Before spending precious c-bills on engines, enter the testing grounds to trial the engines with what weapons you can fit. Don't spends millions of C-bills on an odd engine size (XL305s to XL320s, I am looking at you) until you are happy with how the mech as a whole works with it.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  4. For example, 2xUAC10, 2xUAC5 and only 1xLPL was a lot easier to manage than the above higher alpha build.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Blagg Zear likes this.
  5. imhoopjones

imhoopjones New Member

New here...I assume the 2uac5 2uacc10 is always going to be solid but just wondering if the slight extra FP helps with changes to balance and/or the meta. I am trying 2 MPL's now

6. imhoopjones

imhoopjones New Member

I now see the error of my ways. I dropped engine size but a mech like this isn't tanky and has huge important arms. So it's not meant to be a slow boy. More engine speed makes a lot more sense for positioning than trying to tank.

Leave ballistic tanking to other Assaults

Remover of Obstacles likes this.
  7. Unfortunately, most clan assaults are horrible at tanking.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast