MechSpecs User Survey - now closed!

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by Excalibaard, Jul 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Hi everyone,

I've made a tiny anonymous survey on how people use MechSpecs. It'd be really appreciated if you answered the questions, Shouldn't take more than 2 minutes of your time and you help us improve the site to your needs!

The survey is now closed. Thanks for your contributions!!!

https://goo.gl/forms/WTqvizSVOHf6H0xo2

Cheers,
    Excalibaard

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Aylek, The Verge and Gasboy like this.
  2. Excalibaard

14 responses so far, thanks a lot! I hope we can get a few more, but this is already very helpful!

3. Excalibaard

You don't need to be a registered member of the site to answer in the survey, and new members especially are encouraged to give us some feedback! Thanks in advance!

The Verge likes this.
  4. Excalibaard

The amount of responses has kinda stagnated, so I do another plug here to bring this to your attention :)

We have feedback from ~30 people, which is great already in itself. We've already been discussing about the current results and have a few ideas. I hope to be able to share this with the benefactors or space pimps of the site soon.

5. Ragnahawk

Ragnahawk Well-Known Member

I liked it.

Excalibaard likes this.
  6. Tank the Frank

Tank the Frank Benefactor

Done. Quick and easy. Not much I could suggest in terms of improvements, as I like the current format of Mechspecs.

Excalibaard likes this.
  7. Excalibaard

Appreciated, all!

@Tank the Frank while the format will stay the same, we have a few ideas about an improved rating system (1-5 stars is difficult for people to evaluate) and maybe structuring the forum in a way to incorporate BattleTech without making the page 5 kilometers long. But this will be shared/evaluated with space pimps and benefactors when it's ready.

Tank the Frank likes this.
  8. germs95

germs95 Junior Member

Mmmmm survey, I love survey!!

Excalibaard likes this.
  9. invernomuto

invernomuto Junior Member

10. Excalibaard

Thanks all for your contributions!

I've closed the survey with an unexpected 120 (!) answers. Seems like we have a LOT of lurkers ;)

Behind the scenes we're discussing on the ideal way to handle this, but globally we're looking into these improvements for the site:

- Improved rating system / Improved rewards for using the rating system so the builds will be evaluated and ordered better. This includes ways to re-rate builds after a patch made them less viable, and may include a new rating system entirely.
    - A better way to structure forums, which allows us to include BattleTech without making the site too largely spread to navigate.
    - Strengthening the community on our own Discord server, for registered members of the site.
    - Better rewards for Benefactors of the site (mostly related to permissions on Discord and closer contact with the site admins/mods. This is to keep the site as accessible as it is now towards free users. We will not remove functionality in order to 'force' donations - they should all be voluntary.)

As an extension of the last statement, we've already provided a more detailed post for all Space Pimps, which will also be provided to all Benefactors today.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast