Missile tube optimization queries

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by Heavenly Lotus, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Heavenly Lotus

Heavenly Lotus New Member

Have not tested this myself, wondering if anyone has:

Say you have two stalker 3hs (20 missile slots on each arm, 6 missile slots in each torso).

One has two lrm 20s (arms) and two lrm 5s (torso).

One has four lrm 20s (arms, torso).

How many missiles per second does each one fire? The cooldown on the lrm 20s in the torso does not start until all missiles have been fired (in four separate volleys), so I guess what I am really asking is how long does it take to fire 20 missiles if they are broken down into 4 volleys? Does this differ for different mech types?

Thanks to anyone that has any ideas/has run tests.

e: fwiw, the cd on lrm5s is 3.25 (1.54 missiles/sec at 5+ tubes) and on lrm20s is 4.75 (4.2 missiles/sec at 20+ tubes), so it's just down to the fire delay on the lrm20 -- how long does the cooldown start after you hit fire.

e#2: Mostly doing this to figure out comparable missile rates for stalker/awesome 8r -- 8r can pump out 14.1 missiles/sec in bursts of 60. Not sure if stalker is really worth using - it'd be 16.8 missiles/sec if it could handle bursts of 80, but it can only fire bursts of 50, so it's like a 50 burst followed by 30 extras at something under 16 missiles/sec.

2. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

The guy to try and track down is LaznAzn. He might be able to come up with a spreadsheet for something like this.

Try sending him a PM on here and see if he responds; he has been MIA from MWO for a little bit since the latest Black Ops came out.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast